+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't she texted me back?

Why hasn't she texted me back?

There's a girl I've been hanging out with for 2+ months now. She was a girl I went to grade school with and haven't seen in 10 years, all of a sudden she comes back in my life. So anyways, she told me she really liked me and included me in future plans, which is a good sign I think. She also asked if I could come in and meet her mom and family. We showed obvious signs of feelings like holding hands, kissing etc...she's a very busy girl works usually 9-9PM everyday. She use to always say things like I miss you and stuff like that, well, she hasn't in weeks. but I gave her the benefit of the doubt..

She went to Delaware two weeks ago for a family wedding. During that week she didn't really say anything like she use too... we were suppose to see each other on Tuesday, she couldn't because she got burned at work and had to go to the hospital so she suggested another day this week. I put flowers on her car Wednesday night along with a note on how I felt and telling her to feel better and have a good day. She texted me that morning and said "aww thank you. the note was very sweet" After that, I haven't heard back from her in five days. Doesn't respond to my texts, not even one...

I assume it's time to move on because she's no longer interested? Or is it another reason.... With all those signs, how can somepne not be interested?

Sounds very much like another guy has entered the picture. Sorry to say...

What makes you say that?

The quick alteration of affection levels seems to usually indicate that with young women....

Well, not using this as an excuse or saying shes not young but she's 24 years old, and VERY family oriented. She's a girl that would at least tell me what's going on regardless. This is not like her...Especially after doing a nice thing for her

So maybe she doesn't want to tell you about an other guy entering the picture because she'd be embarrassed about it after how nice you've been to her. Can't guarantee that's what happened but whatever it is, her not answering any of your messages isn't a good sign. You can wait a couple more days if you want to, who knows, maybe something actually prevented her from answering your messages, though I can't think of any possible scenarios. If she still doesn't answer I say forget about her.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

The only time she hasn't answered me is when her phone broke..yeah I know its not a good sign but I just don't get it

How about you stop chasing her and wait for her to contact you for a change? If she contacts you and explains what prevented her from replying your texts, good. If not, better to move on.

it's been five days, I highly doubt anything has prevented her from contacting me. like I said it's close to a week, but after you do something nice for someone you would at least contact them back at some point.

Why don't you ask her why she hasn't msged you back?
    You said that she's busy, so she could just be busy?
    Or like some people here has said already that, she probably found someone she likes and has lost interest in you.

Why don't you visit her and ask what's wrong?

its prob just a case of i think i want this then when they see they will have it they get scared and clam up..seen it alot. the time off on vacation she might of had time to think, and now is thinking hard on what to do about you. id just let it go, dont gotta burn a bridge but if somthing else comes up id go for that.

I concur that it sounds like someone or something else has taken up her time and interest.

A few things to think about:
    - She did respond to the nice thing you did. She messaged you and said thank you. What did you want her to do, throw you a party for being nice to her?
    - You mention "signs" of interest and such, but you never say you two were dating. Or have gone out on a date. Maybe she was just flattered by the attention. And maybe she was trying to convince herself that she really liked you, but has come to the conclusion that she really doesn't like you that way and doesn't know how to let you down easy.
    - Are you sure you aren't being too clingy? That is the first thing I thought of when reading this. And clingy screams desperate. And no one likes desperate.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

actually we did go out n a first date..took her to a nice restaurant. after that we met up at least once a week before she went on vacation...so if you consider that dating then yeah...

but i guess im clinging but i hate NOT knowing what's on...do you blame me?

I think too many bold movements before any exclusivity is a bad thing to do..

Meeting up once a week doesnt really sounds like anything was too serious to me, then for you to give her flowers and a note probably scared her off a tad. Yeah, its a really nice thing to do, but there is a right time for everything and that wasnt the right timing. A guy once took me out for coffee and we had hung out at parties etc.. I didnt really think too much of us, maybe i liked him a little and could see us maybe taking things slow and going on a date or something.. But then he went to my house and left flowers and a note with my mother to give to me, text me all the time. Man, it scared the crap out of me and i just felt weird about it all. Also, giving me flowers and cards made me feel like he expected me to do something after that, like it would take us to the next level or something.. It was just too much.
    Dont make the same mistake.
    Its annoying when you dont know whats going on, but you SHOULD know whats going on you just dont want to believe it. If she hasnt contacted you in 5 days at all, then she just isnt too bothered about speaking to you, your feelings are obviously not mutual and you need to back right off.
    Just concentrate on yourself, you had a life before you met her right? Get back to it and stop obsessing over her. It will do you NO good.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast