+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some advice would be greatly appreciated

Some advice would be greatly appreciated

So basically last september I moved to a new school and this girl immediately caught my eye. Well we basically run around the same 4 people but 2 tag along with me and the other 2 with her though we normally sit together during lunch time.

I have never had problems asking girls out, but the problem is I never was in this scenario before, I will be around this girl for another 4 years and I dont want to ask her out unless I know she likes me, cause if she says no, it will create even more awkwardness around us.

Here is what caused me to become really interested in her and not just think she is pretty. We had this exercise to help us get to know the people in my class better. We basically had to write a word to describe us (we both wrote the same word, quiet, she was the only one that wrote this and I was baffled and this was the first time she looked and smiled at me, ok so far harmless. A little while later we were talking about life when she immediately starting asking question about me, caught me off guard a bit to be honest, a conversation which lasted about an hour and she gave me her contact detail amongst other things.

Well a couple a days later my class got a chance to go as extras for a music video, during the whole day of filming we were coincidently set facing each other, she couldn’t stop smiling at me, and I couldn’t either.
    Fastforward to january I started to realize something, that didn’t change until I started getting to her more on facebook, this may be a good time to add that on facebook she is herself outside facebook she barely talks to me unless I start a conversation, I realized that when I went to sit near my group of friends (those 4 people + her), she would instantly go silent, and act normal again when I left to buy something.

Well come febuary we started to get some confidence talking to each other, and I managed to plan out a day, to take her to a party she said she really wanted to go to but a couple a day prior she started talking to this guy and things never were the same again. Obviously I met her new boyfriend and I didnt like him, I was sure she was going to be hurt by him, and I was right he ended up going back to London and didn’t even bother to tell her until he had booked the flights, I ‘yelled’ at her and told her that she should listen to me more often because I knew what these kinds of guys are like. The following day she turn away from me when I say hi to her, although we were from time to time still talking normally on facebook.

Im going to fastforward to last wednesday in a little bit but first I want to add something, we basically randomly went out all the group and when we went out her mood changed she basically wanted to learn more about me (like the conversations we sometimes have on facebook) but more like childhood event and was really interested when we went to watch a ‘soccer’ game even though she doesnt like ‘soccer’ that much. Also I just thought of something, when I was around her bf (now ex) she acts more ‘hyper’ than she does ever but looks more at me than at her bf. Why I didnt make a move from febuary till last wednesday, well I chat with her bestfriend from time to time to see how she is handling the breakup and he always tells me the same thing, she still cant get him.

So fastforward till last wednesday we basically met up my friends and her and her bestfriend (the one I mentioned before) and I was impressed about how much talking to her (on facebook) helped her confidence in me and therefore made it easier for me to talk to her. She offered to buy me a drink without me ever asking her to, something she would never have done before. An hour through the night she started texting to a guy, and she was so excited he said he’ll meet her, way more than if a friend said the same thing. So after running around the clubs trying to find him, she came back to meet us again, and immediately they started kissing, she did have a couple of drinks in her system but I dont think that would have changed much. I might be also worth noting she has done something similar to this when I went out with her and her bestfriend told me she has on a couple of occasions (but thats alcohol for you).
    Once we were at a school event she got so drunk and everyone around us started to kiss her (about 5 guys), I tried to pull her away but didn’t want to seem like a cock block and get into a needless fight. Again I warned her before we went in what the intentions of the guys that invited her was, but hey she did invite me to go with her, and she did thank me the following day after taking her home, so that night was not a total disaster.

Anyway continuing with the story, once they stopped she immediately looked at me waved and told me to come near her, I was of course trying to give her, her space and was messing around with my friends. When I went near her she immediately started to play with my hair which is the sole thing that lead me to write this and post it here. When I said I was feeling weird just as an excuse to get away, she immediately said bye to her ‘friend’ and walked me out the club after spending about 5 minutes kissing.

To add a few things I catch her looking at me and she looks away when I look up, she takes random pictures of me without asking (she doesnt do that with anyone else), laugh at my stupid jokes (a particular one I repeat over and over and she just cant stop laughing), tags me in photos im barely being seen in, remembers small details I tell her (she one of very few of my friends that remember exactly where I live without asking me twice or more), and more that often gives me eye contact for a long period of time (maybe 10seconds) before realizing she is staring at me than looks away… I dont know what to do, I have never been in such a scenario when where was there is not atleast one clear and stable sign she likes me or not. In fact I keep changing my head on how she feels about me. This girl is special to me, and we have too much in common to ignore how and I feel about her and let her go away. I feel she’s the one and she my soulmate please help me guys I could really use you guidance right now.

PS: Sorry for the 1222 words.
    Last edited by Confusator; 29-08-11 at 07:44 AM.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    She's probably into you. Perhaps she's just playing games with other boys to hope to force you into a move because she is too scared to do it herself.

Of neither I can be sure. All I can say is that with those signs you need to make a move. Nothing to lose, right?

I agree just going for it and asking her out is always the easiest route but I guess Im a bit old fashioned I like to do things face to face rather than over facebook or some other im system, that said situation is a bit harder to present itself (. I should be meeting her again this weekend, and school starts again very soon... any tips?

I would like a add a little thing I thing are somewhat relevant, Well she's a faster person Ive ever seen at replying to my chat messages (almost as if she's expecting me to message her), It may just be horrible coincidence but I have tried playing a strange game (after she posts a status with goodnite, she normally takes an hour to log out, a log out for 3 minutes and she gone), and one last thing, her bestfriend, a gay guy I've known for a couple of years before she meet him, he seemed indifferent towards me, now after he became her bestfriend his attitude towards me changed 180 degrees, (I know alot of gay people and a gay person that knows Im straight has never come on to me this hard its almost scary, ofc she's there capturing the moments -.-) <<That add anything of worth ?

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Perhaps she thinks you're gay and is trying to set you up with this guy.

But, doesn't really add anything to me. You want to ask her in real life, not facebook. Make your own opportunity. Check if there's any movie she might like and ask her to go to the movies with you (can be done via facebook). After that grab a bite to eat and then ask her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Perhaps she thinks you're gay and is trying to set you up with this guy.
    Nah she isnt trying to set me up with him, she knows Im not gay trust me + I know him very well and we are very good friends )

Ahh I actually tried to ask her out way back in june but I shyed away from completing the task. Basically I asked her out, clearly said you and me (obviously I lead to it not blatantly said it) and she added her and my friends which made me shy away cause I felt she actually wasnt ready for another relationship yet.

I actually have an idea of a place she would probably like to go... ill tell you how that goes but its in about a week and a half

you re right it cant get any more awkward than both looking at each other knowing we both like each other and not saying anything can it