+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My now ex girlfriend left me for her ex b/f

My now ex girlfriend left me for her ex b/f

We dated for a year they dated for 1 1/2 year. I was so very good to her and she knows it. No kids involved.No violence in either relationship. Our sex life was fantastic, both sides, really. No dought. It never was an issue.Were not teenagers.
    He didn't treat her the best I did.
    I wanted her back the 1st week now 5 weeks later, No. Damage done and moving on.
    Question, Do women usually come back to a man that treated her well when they see that not much has changed now that she back with him??
    Even though I don't want her back.Really. I just want to prepare myself if,,,,, if she wants to come back.
    Thanks.

If it has been 5 weeks chances are that she wont come back. I remember leaving a man who treated me really well and i think for a few weeks i missed him and how he treated me. But i just didnt feel the spark between us that i felt a relationship should have and i kept that in mind when i thought about asking him back..
    If she has gone back to her ex, then chances are it will only fall apart in time anyway. If it does, she might return.. then just remember how easily she ditched you for another man and you will be fine. Good luck with moving on and finding someone worth your effort.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

How soon after her and the ex broke up did you two get together?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

We met a few times before dating just taking and stuff. Our 1st real date was 6, maybe 7 months.

So i gather if you guys were talking before you actually started dating that she was maybe still involved with him when you were talking? If that's not correct, then did she talk alot about him when you two were talking, even mentioning him after you started to officially date?

What I'm getting at is you were a rebound and that's why its always very important to make sure that who you are dating is completely finished with their ex because often they will either go back to their ex if they're still somehow in the picture or, once they're over the hurt their ex caused them by using you to assauge the pain, they will break up with you because they don't feel the same way about you once they no longer are thinking about their ex. This doesn't always happen but, it often does.

Chances are she may "test the waters" to see how open you are to being her bandaid again and if she thinks she can get away with it. You'd be a fool IMO if you took her back though. People who don't know who/what they want make it a very angst-inducing time for the person whose emotions they're experimenting with.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 30-08-11 at 04:59 AM. Reason: sentence structure.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

All she told me was that had a fight cause he would'nt have sex with her and he was 'distant" and didn't meet her needs. To answer your question, yes she did bring up his name several times but that was when we were both talking about or exs, you know, I think all couples do that at one time.
    Apparently he left one other time too her family told me. Seems like a pattern?

I didn't understand a part of what you said: they dont feel the same way about you once they no longer are thinking about their ex? If she wasn't thinking about her ex then she would of stayed.

Yes, it does seem like a pattern. Try to forget about her she's one of those women with low self-worth and would rather have the drama of this push/pull that her ex(current) puts her through. She's got issues that you'll not be able to fulfill for her because she can't be happy unless there's some kind of drama going on and you're to "normal" for her and her issued self. Seems that way anyhow.

I'm thinking that even if she does come back to you it will be just because you're better than nothing and she has a hard time being without a guys attention. (issued and you don't really want an issued partner if you can help it)

WOW did you hit the nail on the head.She did e-mail the day of the breakup and say I'm confused about what I want, I'm not sure how I feel about you , I'm not sure I'm capable of it sometimes with you or anyone.
    Yes she's cooky. Doed what I just said make sense on your thoughts about what u said?

Last thing, What do you recommend I do so she won't come back. Yea I don't wantsome with issues. I've been doing no contact but I'm afraid she will start to miss me if I do that, what do you suggest?

It's not your concernt how she's feeling one way or the other anymore. Her and how she's feeling is her current boyfriend's problem to deal with her now.

I suggest what I said: Block her from all social networking sites where she can contact you, delete/defriend/whatever, where ever you have to. Take her out of your contacts in your phone and if your plan allows you to block her, then block her. If she manages to get through to you somehow, ignore her and don't respond.

You're right, she is cooky.