+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She flaked on the 5th date..

She flaked on the 5th date..

I really don't understand what happened here. Things were going great. She was attached from the first date. She would send me texts telling me how she can't stop thinking about me and how attractive I am. She even asked me if I was seeing anyone on the second date.. sorta hinting that she wanted to go steady with me. I wouldn't say anything cheesy back I would just say something like "You're adorable, we'll get together again soon".. This girl would even take me out to dinner and pay for everything when I insisted on paying the bill myself. Now tonight we set up a date and I was planning to ask her to go steady with me. It just seemed like something she really wanted, and she's definitely my type of girl.. Traditional, sort of old fashioned.

So last night she's texting me all sorts of sexual stuff, I was really into it.. She said she dreams about me and things like that. Earlier today she sends me a good morning text, how are you doing and all that jazz.. after a brief convo, I say to her we should meet up later when we're both out of work and do something together. She agreed but had plans til around 7. I said okay, well I have some things to get done today too so that works out great.

The time to go out comes around I ask her about an hour after 7 "Hey so just wondering if you're all set to go?" and I get no reply. About an hour later I send her just a "?" and leave it at that. Still no reply.

I really don't know what's going on here. She's never ever had a bad time with me. I've always been confident and on top of my game with this girl. I'm really starting to lose faith in dating. I don't want to assume the worst, but then again, I have no time to get tossed around.

This is the first time she has ever flaked on me, I may be over analyzing this.. But this has happened to me before to where I don't hear a single word from the girl ever again.

I really don't get what I'm doing wrong here. I'm a college student, I have an awesome life as an actively gigging musician, I'm good looking, I'm confident, I have a backbone and make my own decisions, I don't sleep around with a billion girls, and I am the life of the party everywhere I go.

Can anyone inform me on what may be the situation here?
    Can someone tell me

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, so this only happened today and you haven't talked to her yet? Yeah, it wasn't nice that she flaked out on you but maybe there's a good reason. Maybe her cell died and her plans ran past 7 and didn't have your phone number. Maybe she forgot. There's a million possibilities......so how about you just give her a chance to explain before blowing it all out of proportion. You're sounding a little insecure.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'd say to not assume the worst until some actual time passes. For all you know, maybe something came up where she couldn't respond right away and is busy doing something she has to tend to. All I'm saying is, don't worry so much until maybe a few days or so go by and still no responses from her. You'd think she'd at least get a hold of you one way or another to let you know what happened if she's still interested. I think it's too soon to tell anything as of right now.

Edit: bluesummer beat me to it haha. But yeah, ditto to what she said.

Yeah I don't know, usually this kind of stuff doesn't affect me. I just had a really bad day and this came somewhat unexpectedly. I'm not going to freak out at her or anything, but I definitely want to ask her tomorrow what happened.

I'd say to let her be the one to contact you Alex. If she was the one that flaked (for whatever reason it may be), I'd expect that person to come back on their own terms with an explanation, assuming she cares enough to do so. And of course if she doesn't within a reasonable amount of time, then you're probably wasting your time with her anyway.

Man, I must be the record holder of editing my posts on this forum, but here's something to consider: As long as she's conscious and able to get around to doing her daily routine, even if she was too busy, I think she could even send a simple message saying, "sorry about last night, I'll explain later" so as not to worry someone she cares about.
    Last edited by Rollingwithlife; 30-08-11 at 04:38 PM.

This is one of the good reasons why you should call rather than text. At least always when response matters.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.