+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In pain

In pain

Hello..

So I wasn't going to write in here, though I enjoy reading posts and have gotten wiser. But I am in so much pain now and I don't have anyone awake to talk to, or many to talk to at all.

First about me and my .. boyfriend or ex, whatever he is.. We've been together 2.5 years long distance. We're in our early twenties. Everything has run pretty smoothly between us and it has been a pure joy being together. Issues have been taken care of and I thought we had an amazing connection and relationship. He would always tell me he found me the prettiest, sexiest, cutest girl, he would call me a miracle and all those things.
    Now here's the catch.. Since one year into the relationship I have expressed my wish to move closer to him when I was able to and if things still went well, because I would like to be closer to him. He was always saying that he wanted that too. Now it's a year until I can move there but I have to make the decision at to Christmas because there's things to settle with education and such.
    So we've had that amazing relationship where we were both happy in each others company etc.. And now that us being together more than once every month or two is finally in reach. Finally for me. For him, not so much. It seems he got cold feet. He said a couple of months ago that he doesn't know if he is ready to be tied down. Nevertheless, last time I went to see him he would talk about our future and us living together and he would bring it up every other day without me doing anything to "provoke" the talk. He says he doesn't know if he wants to be tied down but if he does it would definitely be with me. But he has now requested a break. And it's been 2.5 weeks of no contact.
    I suggested no contact for more reasons.. 1. Would make it easier on me if he was breaking up.. 2. I figured he would be able to see what life without me is like sooner.. I specifically asked him if he was just prolonging the break up (or making it easier on me) and he said that he was not doing that.
    Until just a few hours ago we were still listed as in a relationship on facebook. Now he changed it. I had hoped he would miss me already but apparently he doesn't. I don't know what to do. I feel hollow. This is the guy I thought I could spend many years with. And he knows that. Him changing the status, does that mean it's over?
    I feel sick physically and I'm mentally drained. He said that he very strongly assumed he would come back to me but that he just needed some time to himself. I know you don't know him - but can it in any way be true? I do not feel ready to let this go. I really thought we had something worthy. I guess he is just afraid of commitment (and not even necessarily live together..)
    I suggested just moving closer.. But he took it to another level, an all or nothing so to speak. He said that he wants to find out if he wants to be with me and live with me, and otherwise nothing will be left between us.
    The day of my departure the last time we spent half an hour holding each other just crying rivers. I've never seen him cry before.
    Could he be feeding me lies or is he genuine? Do people really need to do this to know they're in a good relationship? I'm devastated. I put up a pretty facade in public but I cry at home every day.

I know I can't wait forever. But how long should I wait? Or what should I do?

I waited for someone. I wasted my time and I regret it. Dont sell yourself short, dont let anyone else control your future. Life is too short. Have some patience and it will work out in the end. All good things come to those who wait.
    Best of luck.