+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Never going to find a pretty girl again?

Never going to find a pretty girl again?

I got dumped and she kept stringing me along with this "Let's just be friends for 2 months and see if it works out" thing, but it wasn't working and I just started NO CONTACT yesterday after dropping $20 on her at the movies in a last ditch attempt.

Problem is, I just can't stop thinking of her with other guys. She is beautiful and other guys will be on that so fast. But me? I'm not anything special and I can't shake the feeling that she is the best I will ever have. HOW DO YOU SHAKE THIS FEELING?

I am still living at home with my parents until next year, she was my one motivation for staying home and the one thing that made me feel alright about how lame this place is. She lives 5 doors down. Now she's gone but I know she's so close...but so far away.

ugh i'm just going out of my mind

I feel your pain man. I dated my girl for 2 years. She was beautiful. She lost feelings for me when i went away for school for a little while. She joined the state football cheerleading team...and parties constantly.

Now shes dating someone else and its the worst feeling ever. She won't even talk to me and i did nothing wrong.. no begging pleading or anything. She won't even be friends with me.

Hearache takes a LONG time to conquer... I know, not words you want to "read" but eventually everyday will get better. Everyday you will think about her less and less. And one day you WILL meet a beautiful girl not only outside, but inside as well. Stay strong :-)

You gotta give yourself time to grieve. All the things you are posting about are all natural parts of it. Give it time. You will be ok.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

You didn't give your age, but it sounds like you are young. You'll find someone else. And looks are not all that matters either. Personality is important. Looks might start up a relationship, but personality keeps it going during hard times.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Beauty DOES lie within, and is not skin deep. Trust me on this one. I am in love with a woman that is damn cute, sexy, beautiful, smart, (I could really go on and on about her, but I won't) but there are far prettier girls that I've noticed looking at me that I could date (if I were not married). But I'd give every single one of them up to be with this slightly less attractive girl if she'd ever have me. Yeah, just give yourself time to heal and move on - plenty of fish in the sea. And yes, I find having a place to vent and good friends to vent to helps dramatically!

chill dude, im sure today you just past 20 pretty girls, problem is your only focusing on the one you cant have, focus on yourself and you'll see the other girls in the same way.

Hey dude, I just broke up with a beautiful sexy girl. I felt the same way when she first told me that we were breaking up. She will be hit on constantly. You have to tell yourself though, if you could get her then you ARE something special. You need to be able to tell yourself that because it is true. Take care of yourself, you aren't alone in this.

How much you wanna bet that the next girl you meet is going to be much prettier? Everybody gets bummed after a breakup (at least those who did NOT want the relationship to end). Just chill out for awhile. Work on improving yourself so that the next, prettier girl that walks by will not be able to resist you. Then it will be your ex's loss, not yours.

I was like you man, I've known a girl for 6 years and believed religiously she was my dream girl. Absolutly most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Hell my dream even came true when we started dating like 6-7 months ago. It ended abruptly and left me hanging emotionally scarred.

Then I met a different girl who surpassed my ''dream girl'' in terms of looks and personality. Unfortunatly I was just a rebound and it never really took off to boyfriend and girlfriend. I'm still thinking about this last girl, not so much about the one of 6-7, I used to love that girl to death and I can still recall the pain I had because of her but now thinking about her doesn't do a single thing to me,,, really. Fortunatly the last girl im talking about I didn't develop strong feelings for even with her goddess looks, I've learned to be cautious and stopping love in it's tracks when it's not the right time.

Bottomline, there are more beautiful girls out there. However girls with slighly less beautiful looks tend to have a slight till alot better personality and are usually much better girlfriend material.