+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a hard time connecting with people?

Having a hard time connecting with people?

Hi,

I've been fooling around on this forum to see what you guys are up to and I've notice that most people think about love in all the wrong ways.

You see, people will love you based on the deep connection they FEEL with you and only you.

Let me explain.

In my personal experience I've noticed 2 types of people:

1. Social people and,
    2. Non social people.

Now, the funny thing I've noticed is that Non social people always seem to THINK that the more they talk, the more "social" or likable they are becoming.

If you've tried this approach for any period of time you'll soon notice that it doesn't work. Most of the time you'll end up making a fool of yourself or just creating unnecessary conflicts. Why?

The reason why is simple. If you're talking to me and at the same time I'm THINKING about what I'm going to say next, I might end up missing important details regarding our conversation.

So what you wanna do instead is: really listen to what the other person is talking about.

This tip will not fix all your problems but if you're having a hard time connecting on a deeper level with people in general, you might want to try this one out.

I hope this caused a light bulb to go on in your mind,

Yours truly

The 6 Word Sentence.

o.O how old are you?

Um yes. You have to say things back to the person which prove you were truly listening to them. When they know you were truly listening, they feel important, and they like you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Sorry, what did you say? I was busy thinking about what I was going to say.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

hahaha.. makes sense right?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    o.O how old are you?
    I'm 22 years old sir. how about you?

What if you are deaf AND non-social?

Quote Originally Posted by 6wordsentence View Post
    I'm 22 years old sir. how about you?
    Haha, I'm female, 21. But yeah I was just wondering cause generally it's something one "learns" since they're very young, so I thought you were younger and was curious.

Haha, I'm female, 21. But yeah I was just wondering cause generally it's something one "learns" since they're very young, so I thought you were younger and was curious.
    I think you miss the general point here. He speaks about people with "social anxiety" (like me), not normal people. This is very much the result of some chidhood enviornment.

People with social anxiety understand social situations very differently. There is always analyzing and thinking about cause and effect, too much thinking. Listening is key. But for some people, it is just as easy to do whatever they want and succeed.
    Don't expect anything.

I know, but I think that even those with social anxiety (I have suffered from it myself) realize that they are being over-analytical etc. They know that they're supposed to just stop thinking that much and "live the moment" instead. The problem is not that they aren't aware of it, it's that they can't get themselves to actually do it. Which is why I don't think telling them "hey you really should stop overthinking" can make them magically stop overthinking, they'll just think "yeah, I know that already".
    Last edited by searock; 03-09-11 at 07:49 PM.

ahah.. sorry about the sir.. ahah.. the funny thing is that I never "learned" anything.. It's just me, if you know what I mean.. Since childhood everyone just likes me, so I started doing some self-reflection to understand what I was doing RIGHT actually.. you know. It's like kinda discovering yourself, what are you really doing that is causing you to be you, I don't know if that made much sense though.. ahah

are you always curious like that?.. lol

ahah.. ...ahah... lol

Whats with that?
    Don't expect anything.

I know, but I think that even those with social anxiety (I have suffered from it myself) realize that they are being over-analytical etc. They know that they're supposed to just stop thinking that much and "live the moment" instead. The problem is not that they aren't aware of it, it's that they can't get themselves to actually do it. Which is why I don't think telling them "hey you really should stop overthinking" can make them magically stop overthinking, they'll just think "yeah, I know that already".
    you know you're actually right about that, but at the same time, in my opinion, there is no reason for not trying again. I've helped a lot of friends get into great relationships and to this day they are still coming to me for advice. So I've seen proof that it's possible.. You just have to realize that YOU are responsable for your relationships.. That's where my messages come into play, to hopefully help you realize that YOU have the choice, you had it all the time.. You just didn't know. In fact, you're responsable for your whole life.

If you don't do anything, nothing happens..

It's like smoking..

First you smoke one, and maybe you even cough while doing it..
    After that it becomes easier and easier for you to smoke another one and another one, eventually you become so good that you can smoke two sigarets in a row maybe even three.. Eventually you start calling yourself a smoker.. because that's what you do. You start seeing yourself as someone who smokes cancer sticks regularly. You weren't always like that, but who cares.. Now you are.

Being social is exactly the same thing..
    If you guys just can't get what I'm trying to say here, just pm me.. I'll be happy to help were I can. ok

just trying to keep my posts as short as possible.. lol

Yours truly

The 6 word sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo1114 View Post
    What if you are deaf AND non-social?
    That's a good one ahah.. I have a friend that's deaf and he does an amazing job at communicating, with signs.. you know, sometimes we have more fun together than when I'm with people who can hear.. I think being deaf will make it much easier since you have to look at the signs to understand what's going on.. you should see him.. He actually make the sounds when he talks ( a.k.a. signs) about motorcicles and stuff like that.. he goes like bruumm brummm ahah.. It's great.

Don't make yourself deaf on purpose though, if you know what I mean..

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    ahah.. ...ahah... lol

Whats with that?
    Why are you so uptight man.. I'm just having fun here.. I read your first post and you're partly wrong, and dead wrong.. See YOU ARE NORMAL.. Non-social people are normal people.. You don't have to feel bad about yourself, it will only make you sick bro.

If you have social anxiety, you're as normal as someone who's having aids or another who is in financial debt.. You just have different problems.. In fact, I have problems too.. just not with relationships..

But your cool man.. alright, just chill.. relax

yours truly

the 6 word sentence

If you need help just pm me ok. I'm here for you bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast