+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke-up with Girlfriend; want her back, not sure if this is possible or if I want to

Broke-up with Girlfriend; want her back, not sure if this is possible or if I want to

> Break up with girlfriend less than a week ago due to going to different colleges, adds complications, etc
    > Be happy in College and generate an optimistic outlook on life
    > Yesterday, decided the relationship would still work if we took a more 'casual' approach - in order not to suffocate each other, be able to spread our wings on the social spectrum, and most of all not to cause unnecessary stress towards education, etc
    > Rang ex, explained this concept but she didn't really seem to be herself - less sociable. Slept.
    > Woke-up this morning with a text with out-of-context b& reasons as to why we shouldn't be together, yet she still wants to be...
    > Decide to ring her and be upfront, since this is tedious and frustrating. Ask if I can see her when she's next available. She says yes, but no at the same time. She says I won't like to hear what she's got to say.
    > Get her to explain why - she says she shouldn't yet she still wants to be with me. Ask for the logic behind her reasoning: Doesn't come up with anything logical as to why she doesn't want to be with me, but insists she still wants to be with me.
    > Conversation nears to an end when she has a dramatic outburst of 'I don't know. Sorry. I have to go now' (Going out somewhere with family).
    > Think I might be still seeing her on Sunday, but not so sure now. Yet, in the past, whenever we've had a scrap I could always win her back round once I'm in her company.

Additional information: Says she has the mindset of how she shouldn't go out with me, all due to principals of me breaking-up with her. I understand this - yet I don't understand why you wouldn't try again, especially if you still loved the person :/

I want her back. Not sure what to do - or not to do anything at all?

This happened at least an hour ago, and since then, I feel as though I have no chance and I should just leave her be and block her out of my mind. Not to mention how I'm a bit happier not to feel as sad as I did when I was on the phone to her.

Confused. Decipher her inner-meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by windir View Post
    >

Additional information: Says she has the mindset of how she shouldn't go out with me, all due to principals of me breaking-up with her. I understand this - yet I don't understand why you wouldn't try again, especially if you still loved the person :/

You hurt her by breaking up with her.She is now moving on and doesn't want to give it another shot as it is very possible you will do this again in the future and she will have to go through this all over again. Leave her be. You made your choice, now you have to live with the consequences.