+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She is very shy

She is very shy

Hi there,

I have a question, especially for US girls.

I recently moved from Europe to the US to study here and I met this really cute girl. We had lunch together a couple of times and were hanging out, so I am sure she likes me and she likes spending time with me. But is it more?
    She is very shy, she told me she is and she also acts like this, but I think this is actually cute. We know each other for about 2 weeks now.
    I really hope it will become more than a friendship, I really would love to have her as my girlfriend. I want to give it time, because in the past I experienced that if I rushed too fast into a relationship it didn't hold very long, so I want to give it time because I am really serious about her.
    I am not sure what I can do to come closer to her, when I think it is time should I just kiss her or tell her that I am in love with her?
    I don't know if American girls are the same as European girls, so I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice

Thank you!

Uh how about moving for a kiss?

Oh and don't tell her you love her....that's the part that scares them away. Let the relationship progress, get closer, more physical....if she response very positively, wants to be with you all the time, texts you all the time, then make it a special night and tell her then.

Girls are all the same....they want attention, and most expect you to make the first move.....it makes them feel attractive, sexy and wanted. It's only different when there's strict family beliefs or religious beliefs, you end up having to do a different dance.

Shy girls like a confident guy. Go for it.....kiss her. Done forget to tell us how it goes for you

Hey,

thank you yeah it is probably a good advice to go for a kiss when the time is right. I didn't mean to tell her "I love you" I meant if it would be good to tell her that I have stronger feelings for her than just friendship.

But I think I will try the kiss

Don't say anything about feelings.....just show her you are attracted to her. I think giving her a kiss and holding her hand and stuff will be obvious enough to let her know it's more than friendship. Like I said save the feelings for much later down the road when it becomes a solid relationship. Got to give it a few weeks or so......let the suspense build up first. Best of luck!

I'm very shy too, but interestingly enough I was the one who went in for the first kiss with my boyfriend...<3
    Let my kiss steal the breath from your lips...<3

If these have been romantic or flirty dates, then yeah, kiss her when it seems natural. If you two have only been spending time together as friends, I don't think you should try to kiss her out of the blue. Trying to plant one on a shy girl who maybe only sees you as a friend is a bad idea, I think. Ask her out on some dates first.

Also it's too early to have a discussion about your feelings.

Hmm, it is hard to say if our dates are flirty or not. But we spend a lot of time together, she sends me messages of Facebook very often, we are chatting for hours, s cohe wants to spend time with me ask me if I want to go on trips with her or watch a movie with her.
    I tried to come a little closer when we sitting beside each other, I think she is ok with that, but she doesn't really try to do something or so, or maybe I just have the feeling. We went to the movie theater on the weekend and were sitting kind of close to each other and it was really hard for me not to touch her, my heart was really moving fast when I sit close to her.
    We did several things together and also spent some time at her apartment, I know her for a little more than two weeks now. Maybe she is just waiting that I do the first step and kiss her or maybe it is too early. For me it is really hard to imagine that this is only friendship, I have a couple of female friends, but with this girl it is really different.
    I am thinking about kissing her when we hang out next weekend, do you think this is too early or should I try it???
    I would really appreciate your help, I think I am really in love with her....

If you don't make a move you will end up in the dreaded friends zone for sure.

you're European, kiss her hand to start with. If she pulls it back rapidly, you are just a friend. If she smiles and her eyes sparkle ask if you can kiss her properly. She is shy so will most likely expect you to do everything, and IMO there is no harm in asking if you may kiss her. She will probably just nod.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Start by holding hands, it's a bit less intrusive than going in for a kiss, but sends the same message.

If you take her hand and she doesn't pull it back, she's telling you that she is looking for more than just a friendship with you, and she's hoping a kiss will follow.

I kissed her today and yeah she liked it very much we had a great day together, everything is fine

You are over-analyzing this way too much. If there is one thing you ever learn about relationship is simply this : "attraction is made by opposites". So, in order to break her shyness you need to summon your non-shyness when interacting with her. You need to lead the way like a strong man and always remain connected with her feelings. Be polite, be gentle and always pay attention to how she feels. Don't give her reasons to be afraid of you but don't hold back. Tell her how you feel and why you like her. If you want her, move into her heart and take your relationship one day at a time.
    "A life which is unexamined is not worth living"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by spidy26 View Post
    I kissed her today and yeah she liked it very much we had a great day together, everything is fine
    See! Wasn't as hard as you thought it would be was it?.....told ya so lol!