+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck between two competitive guys, and now potentially losing both!

Stuck between two competitive guys, and now potentially losing both!

Okay, I'll try to make this as short and simple as possible...

Basically, there's two guys. I don't want to use names, so I'll just call them Guy A and Guy B. I met Guy A first, about a month before Guy B. We hung out as friends and got to know each other, but he never expressed any interest beyond a friendship.....until Guy B came into the picture. Guy B used to go to college with me and ran into me at the mall and asked me to go out sometime. I was quite excited about this and told Guy A about the date. When I went on the date, Guy A was texting me all night, interrupting us, and told me that he needed to see me ASAP. I just ignored it and went on with my date and decided to deal with that later.

When I got home that night, I called Guy A and he told me that he has feelings for me and wanted to take me out on a proper date himself. I had spent A LOT of time with Guy A in the past month, so I was excited about this as well. But Guy B seemed to be a little frustrated, knowing that Guy A was also trying to get with me, but he didn't really say anything to me about it since we had just started talking and he probably didn't want to seem intruding.

Well, now it's been about a month since Guy B and I started hanging out, and things have been going very well. I've messed around with both guys here and there, but have slept with neither. We are all 3 on facebook, and anytime I post something now, they both race to comment on it. Anytime I mention having free time, they're both asking me to go out. They're well aware of each other and it's starting to become a competition. I always have one of them mad at me about the other, and it had started to get very tiring.

Well, last night I decided I needed to just put an end to all of this and choose one, because it wasn't fair to keep playing both of them. Guy B and I have more in common, and we just have an overall better connection, so I decided it was time to tell Guy A that I had more feelings for Guy B and that I just wanted to be friends. Guy A obviously did not take this so well, cursed me out and said I wasted his time, and hasn't talked to me since. I accepted his anger and went on to Guy B to tell him that I ended everything with Guy A and I wanted to pursue my relationship with him and only him. Guy B then told me that we rushed into everything and he just wanted to be friends for right now until we knew each other better. I told him that it sounded really suspicious and sudden, and asked what exactly his feelings for me were. No response ever since.

I went from both of them never leaving me alone, to both not speaking to me. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. I'm starting to feel like they were just having themselves a manly little competition over me, and now that I've chosen one, neither really want me anymore. Is there something I should say to either one to try and mend things, or should I just leave things as is and let them come to me? I really like Guy B and I do believe we had a true connection, but I don't want to push anything on him if he does sincerely just want to build more of a friendship base. I also don't want to waste my time on him if he doesn't feel the same. How do I figure out this whole situation without making anyone more angry?

You're obviously attractive and friendly enough to find someone else so if I were you I wouldn't try to mend your relationship with either Mr. Immature or Mr. Poor Sport. They both had their chance.

I disagree with bloodtippedrose somewhat ... building a relationship is not a contest, and you are not simply a prize to be won. I do agree that the situation with these two guys is probably irretrievably damaged and you should cut your losses and look for Guy C.

If you are looking to salvage one of your existing relationships, I hope you noticed that Guy B comes across as a bit of a player by his reaction. An honorable guy gets excited about having been chosen ... he doesn't run away from it! What is his goal ... finding a girlfriend or the winning the chase?

Carl.

Wow if it were me I would have kept both of them as long as I could. It seemed to be ok if it was left alone. When I was 15 I had 3 guys after me...they all knew of each other and didn't complain about it at all. It was goodtimes lol. I did end up choosing one and of course the others were pissed. Oh well such as life. You can't win for losing. Just back away from guy B and let him think things over......might be a good idea to end the friendship with guy A to smooth things over for guy B if you want him that bad.

BTW you go girl! Enjoy this while it lasts.....before you get old fat and ugly lol....just kidding, you have fun with this.