+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would a cousin call another cousin sexy?

Would a cousin call another cousin sexy?

I am asking this on behalf of someone that is not a member here.

My cousin has a boyfriend and they are on each others friend's list on Facebook. One day she saw on his profile that some girl had posted a message saying "You are sexy". She questioned him about it and he said that it was his cousin. Then this same girl wanted to be friends with my cousin. My cousin told her boyfriend about it and he said not to accept her friendship because she is nothing but drama and want to try and start something.

Is this guy trying to hide something? Why would he not want my cousin to accept this girl's friendship?

I have no idea why he wouldn't want her to accept the friend request. But are you sure this person is an actual familial cousin, and not just someone who is just called a "cousin?"

But I don't see why cousins couldn't consider each other sexy. Cousins are normally distant enough that it doesn't feel too incestual to acknowledge that someone looks good.

It does seem like there are some red flags here though, so let your friend know to proceed with caution.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

He's hiding something.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    I have no idea why he wouldn't want her to accept the friend request.
    When she asked him about this girl he got defensive and started acting nervous. That's when he said that it was a cousin and that she is nothing but a drama queen and want to start some problems. But why would a stranger want to be causing problems with my cousin? It's almost like this person knows something about her boyfriend and the boyfriend is scared of something being revealed.

That's what she believes as well Vampiress. I believe it too.

This sounds really suspicious. Especially as he only said she was a 'cousin' when your friend questioned him about her. You also said he got all defensive about it-that is a huge red flag. I doubt he is related to this girl.Something else is going on there and it probably ain't pretty...

I forgot to add that this didn't happen until they both changed their statuses to reflect that they are in a relationship together. The very day they updated their status this so called cousin wanted to "friend" my cousin. We are both feeling like this girl has something she wants to say or tell.

Hmmm...Doesn't sound too good I'm afraid.

Instead of your friend accepting/rejecting her friend request why not send her a casual message saying 'thanks for the friend request but I don't believe we have met before and I usually only add people I know personally. I think my boyfriend mentioned at some point that you are his cousin?'. Drop the bait and wait to see what happens. If she is not his cousin and she does have something to say that will be her chance to do this and at least your friend will find out what's up.

Women's intuition is usually pretty good when it comes to other women.

I would accept the request and see what she has to say, if you really want to know the truth.

Get him to label her as a cousin on the site and see how he reacts

I would firstly say that it is legal for first cousins to Marry/relate on a romantic/sexual level. So the cousin factor doesn't neccessarily make the boyfriend a liar or a lecher. He may actually be the victim of a mischief making relative who has designs on him, or is just funning on a basis of family familiarity. The comment is common in casual reppartee and dependant on context (sometimes you 'just have to be there', to make a judgement).

And then perhaps this pushy cousin is trying to be part of his new relationship with an outsider. You didn't specify age group, but cousins growing up together often find it hard to be excluded when the dating scene comes along. She may well be in the category of a family pest (drama queen) or even a past attraction that he can not get away from, since they are related. In any case, I feel he deserves the benefit of the doubt. And the question is: Why is your cousin relying on you for analysis of her boyfriend and not trusting him? And are there just too many cousins meddling in the mix? In summary: The answer is a possible 'YES'. hope that helps, regards, Gypsy

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Save yourself some drama and just get rid of your boyfriend. You clearly don't trust him, so it isn't gonna work anyway.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Turns out that person was NOT a cousin, but an ex girlfriend. So to say that an ex was a cousin is a lie.

Her intuition was right all along.

Sorry to hear that. Yes, a woman's intuition is hardly ever wrong.

Did he finally admit it?