+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does your life feel like Ground Hogs Day?

Does your life feel like Ground Hogs Day?

Ever see that movie? Damn, thats exactly how I see my life right now. So repetitive. Same shit different day. Or find yourself in the same situation as a year ago? Ive been so happy with my life for the last several years and Im ready for more. Yet, something just doesnt feel right. Im tired of the monononty in my life. I went out lastnight, what a joke. This county and its club suck. Went to a biker bar...yup omg. Went to several places, just to walk in and walk out. At dinner, had these nasty ole men hitting on me, ok they were probably in their 40's but ewwwwwwww gawd, what nasties. I was wearing jeans, black boots, and yea a top that showed cleavage. I needed to feel good about myself, and I did. But after 6 places and watching a live band that really sucked, I was home by 10. Now I remember WHY I quit going out here. I am really beginning to loathe this town. The people in it.

Year after year its been the same thing in my life. It's been boring, no adventure, no great friends, but maintained my happiness. Now its stunted. Time for more somewhere....I dont want to see my shadow anymore ya know? Everyday that goes by, Im making efforts to get my life out of this vicious cycle in EVERY ASPECT!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Firstly, squirrley, which country r u in?? Well life is only fun as the company u keep!! It does get boring once in a while for me!! Makes me appreciate, excitement!! Well its all in yer hands or more importantly the people u hang out with!! Maybe a change of hangout groups or addition of new members might spice things up!! Or I should hang out with u!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

I hear ya squirrel. Hopefully the move will definitely stir things up. I need to make some sort of change myself (maybe a new college, new job or SOMETHING will stir things up over here . . . )

My life is the same.
    Always doing the same stuff everyday. I would go out to clubs, but I'm not much of a drinker and its hard to find a place thats not packed so full that you can't move anywhere.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

For the most part, it's a state of mind, I think. I always claim I have full control over how much fun I choose to have regardless of where I am...but then again, that's easier said than done, and especially if I don't know your particular situation..your town, it's people, what there is to do, etc.

Still, nothing like a change to stir things up. With your upcoming plans I'm sure it'll be good for you. Preparation and anticipation should hold you alright until then.

Freddie

Oh no, now see since I wrote that, I've taken control of the mind Nomas. Oh hell yea! I'm NOT sitting on my ass anymore. Instead of being passive and watching life creep by, my ass is getting out. Ive got a few things lined up in March which Im looking forward to. This is good. And making this move to GA is DEFINTELY going to change things for me. I have so many things I want to do, but its in baby steps. But knowing Im finally taking the bull by the horns and making decisions for ME for once, and not for anyone else, yea it makes me feel ****ing great! Go ahead sensor my ass, I dont care. Im in a great mood, and its taken some leaps and bounds to get here, but damnit Im here! Im finally out of the back problem(I hope) and back to walking which totally helps the mind.

I AM MOVING ON WITH MY LIFE! All those bad spirits are gone. For good.

what a clever meta4 for life...i agree though amy, i understand how you feel exactly, although the routine can become a comfort, its never healthy, everyone needs something new sometimes, some sort of change, wether it be a new car, a new girl, or a new house, these things breathe fresh air into your life, and im sure when you get to ATL youll be alot more active, as theres much more to do, and there is actually a nightlife, i cant wait for you to get there and have some fun! but mark my words
    DO NOT LET KYLE IN FREAKNIK!
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

I didnt get sensored! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

My problem is that my life changes too much. I need some stability and routine and I dont have any right now.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by KirstyM
    My problem is that my life changes too much. I need some stability and routine and I dont have any right now.
    Wanna swap lives?
    I think it'd be interesting to be a lesbian...

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Wanna swap lives? I think it'd be interesting to be a lesbian...
    Nahh I like that part. It's the LDR bit I dislike.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    basically my life is work, school, drink, lift... and if something changes.. it's usually the location of the bar that i drink at.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...