+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boy vs. girl height

boy vs. girl height

in recent days...i got curious and talked to many girls. Most of them expressed their willingness to date only tall guys, and here tall meant 5'10" or higher. What is intriguing is that those girls are mere 5'1" - 5'4".

Simplest example is my current gf..she is 5'1". I am 5'8", fit and muscular. She says I am little shorter for her, and her ideal should be 5'10". Crap! She does not even reach my shoulders though...

Please note that I am not trying to show my frustration of my gf's expectation here but just opening a discussion on others' thoughts. I understand when girls say they like taller guys and theylook handsome, but it's silly when they are too short and expecting a tall guy for dating or relationship LOL.

It's a biology thing. Women generally prefer taller guys as well as more buff guys (im not talking everyone here!). It's nature and it is a built in thing. We all have our personal preferences but tall and strong equals good breeding quality. It all boils down to sex and reproduction. Most women will date a short guy though. They'd have to be really uptight not to. I mean, if you like someone, like ALL of them. Don't pick and choose and then complain. Anyway....That's my take on this particular situation. Don't know if that helped at all but hopefully it did.

Cor, don't worry about it man, I'm 5"3 and my bf is 6"2. I love him to bits and t'is great for huge warm hugging!

I think he was worried about being too short, Skye. Not too tall. *shrug* And damn. Your man is almost a foot taller then you. That must be interesting. I'll never experience that unless I date a guy who is 6'7" (im 5'7" for all those who didn't figure it out). hehe... I like being a semi tall chick.

I'm 5'4" and my gf is 5ft... I'd prefer it if she was nearer my height, but I suppose someone has to be the taller one in the relationship.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Right BlackRose. I was talking about short girls looking for tall guys. I am kinda okay height...but you 5'7" are definitely taller as compared to other girls

Quote Originally Posted by GiantFigure
    Right BlackRose. I was talking about short girls looking for tall guys. I am kinda okay height...but you 5'7" are definitely taller as compared to other girls
    I like being taller. It's great. I am tall enough to pull off sneakers without looking like a midget and short enough to still be able to wear heels.

I'm 5'10..which I consider a good height. Thats just my opinion tho...

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

I'm 6 feet and yeah, I think that's okay isn't it?

I'm 5'4". So in essence, it sucks for me. I have no problem dating taller or shorter girls, but it's a problem for me cause you're right, if you take a look or survey of ANY girls (hell, even look in the personals), most of them will specify they're looking for someone 6' or taller.

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    I'm 5'4". So in essence, it sucks for me. I have no problem dating taller or shorter girls, but it's a problem for me cause you're right, if you take a look or survey of ANY girls (hell, even look in the personals), most of them will specify they're looking for someone 6' or taller.
    awww... That's cute. I'd date you. lol Height can't be controlled. It shouldn't be a preference people MUST follow. I prefer slightly taller men but it's not necessary.

Just because u prefer 5'10 and + doesn't mean u can't b attracted 2 a guy who's shorter!! And remember girls never know what they want...they something but ending doing or getting something else!! So don't worry bout it!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

T'is actually very interesting with me and my bf. Hahaha. Makes some things easier.

I know exactly where that went...you shhh!

rofl...

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    shit.. who cares about TWO f ucking inches?? i mean shit... you won't find a perfect person in this lifetime or the next so why bother looking for them. you'll only find someone that is nearly perfect in your own eyes.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast