+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The end of my broken heart

The end of my broken heart

As many of you know my tale, my heartbreak has been especially hard to get past these last three months because I work with my ex and just wouldn't allow myself to fully move on. I mean I have for most intents and purposes, but having to see the face of the person that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, reduced to a just stranger among the aisles hasn't been easy road to walk down. I am still not completely over her but I finally got the blessing that I need to end it once and for all.

I found another job!!! And in perfect time too. I will actually be leaving before she marries the guy she met after me and I won't be subjugated to seeing her change her name or with a wedding band on her fingers. This was the last thing I truly needed to forget about her completely. I like to finish what I start and thought I would share my excellent news with anyone who has invested kind words and advice, as well as others that were struggling with their own emotional loss at the same time I was. Thank you so much to all of you who were in the same boat with me or lent an ear when I had exhausted my other resources.

My ex wants to say goodbye outside of work and while I was kind of on the fence about it, I just can't pass up the final opportunity for closure on our relationship. We'll hug and say goodbye, maybe cry, and then turn the new page that will begin the rest of our lives.

tremolo Guest
    I'm so glad you found another job. That is great news!

Me too Trem! And thanks!!! You don't know how long I've been praying to be out of this place. I have to wonder if the break up would have been easier or not though with not being able to see her face. I'm sure I would have tried that much harder to get her back. Here I could just see in her face that she no longer felt anything for me and would give that notion up pretty easily. I think I did all the right things and have moved on naturally without carrying any emotional baggage. The last time I see her will be bittersweet and she's already told me that it finally hit home with her that this is final and she's shed the first tears since she broke up with me. I'll be sad to say goodbye but at the same time relieved that it is finally over and the last of the stitches can be removed from my heart.

I really hope that you've recovered well (I didn't expect to see you still posting in this forum). I'll still hang around some I'm sure but probably just the ask the women advice forum

Congratulations Omnicron The fact that you were able to move on despite your situation is impressive

Nice one Omnicron!!!, hope it all works out for you.

Thanks Horsey! How's the non smoking thing going for you?

Moving on is so hard to do.Cause you can't forget the thing you are use to do. But I guess every one should embrace changes and their lives and be happy as well. Congratulations you've made it