+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discombobulations

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    I'll never have a girlfriend and I'm here still.
    Why the hell would you say that? That attitude virtually guarantees it.

I saw the pic you posted... now I'm a very hetero male, so much so that I can't tell a good looking guy from one that isn't, but I showed your pic to my wife when you posted it, and she said "He's a handsome guy". Quit being so negative, you'll find one. I'm betting when you find one, they'll start coming out of the woodwork, as confidence seems to attract women.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Why the hell would you say that?
    Because that's how I feel. I don't have reason to believe otherwise until I meet someone who is interested in dating me.
    Sure, it's logical to argue that I can't prove I'll never meet such girl and I do acknowledge that such possibility exists however small the probability.
    It's just hard to convince myself that the chance isn't negligible when I'm in such a bad mood.

I showed your pic to my wife when you posted it, and she said "He's a handsome guy".
    Thanks It makes me feel a bit better to hear such a thing from a neutral source.
    Now, if I only met a single girl who shares her opinion.
    If I do some day meet a single girl who thinks I'm handsome, I truly hope that she won't mind my shyness, inexperience and other shortcomings so that I don't have to pretend to be someone else.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Thanks It makes me feel a bit better to hear such a thing from a neutral source.
    Now, if I only met a single girl who shares her opinion.
    If I do some day meet a single girl who thinks I'm handsome, I truly hope that she won't mind my shyness, inexperience and other shortcomings so that I don't have to pretend to be someone else.
    ...and that's coming from a neutral source that's a BEAUTIFUL woman! Of course, I'm not exactly a neutral source where she's concerned.

DON'T pretend to be what you're not. If you do that and find somebody that thinks you're something else, what happens when she discovers otherwise?

DON'T pretend to be what you're not. If you do that and find somebody that thinks you're something else, what happens when she discovers otherwise?
    My plan is to hide the flaws of my personality such as the niceness, lack of self esteem and confidence, shyness and pessimism that scare off any potential girls.
    If I can pretend to be attractive enough to get someone interested, I hope that by the time she figures me out, some of my flawes have fixed themselves (succeeding with a girl for once will most likely boost my self esteem. Way more than any rationalizing or friendly compliments from your wife could ever do. Also, I won't be shy around her once we've met a few times). Also, that gives her time to get to know some of my positive personality traits that are below the surface. Such as my sense of humour which some people do appreciate. Perhaps she'll forgive my superficial flaws then.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

lack of self esteem and confidence, shyness and pessimism that scare off any potential girls.
    If I can pretend to be attractive enough to get someone interested, I hope that by the time she figures me out, some of my flawes have fixed themselves (succeeding with a girl for once will most likely boost my self esteem. Way more than any rationalizing or friendly compliments from your wife could ever do. Also, I won't be shy around her once we've met a few times). Also, that gives her time to get to know some of my positive personality traits that are below the surface. Such as my sense of humour which some people do appreciate. Perhaps she'll forgive my superficial flaws then.
    That can work. If you wouldn't mind some advice?

Don't slouch. Walk with your head up and your shoulders back.

Look people in the eye and smile.

These things can and will make a difference in how people perceive you.

I wouldn't recommend hiding being nice though.

And the sense of humor thing... no matter how bizarre it is there's probably someone who's sense of humor is just as weird as yours.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That can work. If you wouldn't mind some advice?

Don't slouch. Walk with your head up and your shoulders back.

Look people in the eye and smile.

These things can and will make a difference in how people perceive you.

I wouldn't recommend hiding being nice though.

And the sense of humor thing... no matter how bizarre it is there's probably someone who's sense of humor is just as weird as yours.
    smiling is really underrated
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    are you feeling angry or out of it today? it's been the worst day, psychologically, for me and many others in my office.
    Check your calendar, where is the moon? Moon will accentuate whatever the mood. Plus it only takes one in an office to get the cranks and bring the negative into play,(eg) New moon is about 4 days in the middle of the cycle, and a dead spot (boredom) farmers know not to plant at this time until the the very tail end of it, because'Waxing' comes next, (building mountains out of molehills) little aggravations grow. And usally come to a head over full moon, about 4 days of gradual transition into the 'waning' period, when trouble fades, on its way to the 'petered out' stage, back to good old boredom. Of course you can choose not to be the one spreading the negative and rise the vibration. Just laugh at this simplistic idea. And drink plenty of water, Moon is tidal, (dehydrating on the wane) Oh, and don't forget there's always an upside, Shave your legs on the wane and they will take longer to sprout! Try it! I wish you well, The Gypsy. PS. find the grump and give her a chocolate fix. Alls fair, raises your serotonin.(giggle factor) Yum!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsybell View Post
    Check your calendar, where is the moon? Moon will accentuate whatever the mood. Plus it only takes one in an office to get the cranks and bring the negative into play,(eg) New moon is about 4 days in the middle of the cycle, and a dead spot (boredom) farmers know not to plant at this time until the the very tail end of it, because'Waxing' comes next, (building mountains out of molehills) little aggravations grow. And usally come to a head over full moon, about 4 days of gradual transition into the 'waning' period, when trouble fades, on its way to the 'petered out' stage, back to good old boredom. Of course you can choose not to be the one spreading the negative and rise the vibration. Just laugh at this simplistic idea. And drink plenty of water, Moon is tidal, (dehydrating on the wane) Oh, and don't forget there's always an upside, Shave your legs on the wane and they will take longer to sprout! Try it! I wish you well, The Gypsy. PS. find the grump and give her a chocolate fix. Alls fair, raises your serotonin.(giggle factor) Yum!
    The position of the moon relative to Earth has nothing to do with anything.

Did they at least kiss you first?
    Oh yoohoo! Just trying to get a word in edgewise here! Thought I did, but lost me again... Need a stargate! Can i join Ye Olde Fartes club? Where? How? Alien probes are painful, man! Lemme in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    The position of the moon relative to Earth has nothing to do with anything.
    Rats! It has everything to do with everything! And this IS a love forum. If you are not considering 'A lovers moon' in that context, then God save you!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Rats! It has everything to do with everything! And this IS a love forum. If you are not considering 'A lovers moon' in that context, then God save you!
    Oh dear God.

... lol ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

My plan is to hide the flaws of my personality such as the niceness, lack of self esteem and confidence, shyness and pessimism that scare off any potential girls.
    Just stop all the introversion. Look outwards, SEE other people! Show your interest and you will be interesting to them. Start with your mates. There is no greater platform to popularity than mateship. Do not sit in a corner and sulk, life wil not come to you. Join it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Oh dear God.
    That's the spirit! Pray hard and don't forget to say 'thankyou'....
    Last edited by Gypsybell; 13-09-11 at 09:51 AM.

That's the spirit! Pray hard and don't forget to say 'thankyou'....
    Thank you Ma'am!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast