+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When/How to say I love you?

When/How to say I love you?

Hey, I've been going out with my gf for 4 months now, we're both 22, and I've realized I'm in love with her since a month ago. I'm pretty sure she doesn't feel the same way though. Yet, everytime I look at her, I just wanna tell her how I feel. Not sure what to do cause I think it would be better if I know somehow she's where I'm at. Just tell her anyways? I don't want her to feel weird or pressured or anything, though.

Why don't you think she feels the same? Is she treating the relationship as open or short-term?
    If you want to avoid extreme awkwardness of her not reciprocating then say you love her in a joking sort of way. Like when she makes you laugh you just say OMG I love this girl!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Why don't you think she feels the same? Is she treating the relationship as open or short-term?
    If you want to avoid extreme awkwardness of her not reciprocating then say you love her in a joking sort of way. Like when she makes you laugh you just say OMG I love this girl!
    /disagree to this. Say it like you mean it, and when you're ready. Don't turn your emotions into a joke, because she will get the wrong impression.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I'm 22 - and me and my boyfriend both felt it at around the same time as you. Neither of us however said it, both of us bursting to tell each other at every glance up until about 5/6 months.

Are you sure she doesn't feel the same way? If it's real love realistically she won't judge you or think any less of you, she will be flattered that you feel this way. Also part of being in love is being vulnerable with that person, and declaring your love is the ultimate test!

Remember ever person takes a different amount of time in getting to that stage.

I say seize the moment, if you guys are as happy as I was, it will be a good thing that will be a pleasure.

I'm not sure how she feels exactly. We have great times together and she's always happy to talk and be with me, but she's difficult to read. She likes to send texts or messages like "wuv you" or something, but that's just being cute I thought. In the end, I guess I don't have a choice but to just tell her how I feel. How should I go about it for fear she won't reciprocate? And to avoid any awkwardness that might result. I don't want her feeling guilty because it's not anyone's fault either. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobob View Post
    I'm not sure how she feels exactly. We have great times together and she's always happy to talk and be with me, but she's difficult to read. She likes to send texts or messages like "wuv you" or something, but that's just being cute I thought. In the end, I guess I don't have a choice but to just tell her how I feel. How should I go about it for fear she won't reciprocate? And to avoid any awkwardness that might result. I don't want her feeling guilty because it's not anyone's fault either. Thanks!
    ^^^Tell her this (in appropriate words of course).

thebloodycoon Guest
    In my opinion, you shouldn't say it at all at this stage of you relationship. Let's rationalise a little here. What do you think is the reason that you are so eager to tell her you love her? Do you think it will change something in your relationship, and if she is not as happy in the relationship as you are, just with telling her that you love her you will change that? We both know this is bulls..t. You will not change anything, and if you think that she might think you don't love her just because you still haven't said it - that's not true either(in my opinion). You need to show her with deeds that you care for her, cause words are just words, anyone can say to anyone I love you, and it doesn't mean they honestly mean it. I tell a lot of girls that I love them, just to get them into bed, but I have never told someone special(like you think she is) that I love her until I am completely sure. I think you are just carried away at this point of the relationship, cause it's too early. I repeat again - what is the reason for you to want so badly to tell her that? There's a bigger chance that you'll scare her than that you'll make her want you more. Just my two cents

I hadn't thought of it like that. I'm.. not trying to accomplish anything really. I just want her to know how I feel, without a doubt. Yes, I definitely agree showing your feelings through your actions are a lot more important. Maybe I am carried away at this point but.. it wasn't until recently, my feelings grew stronger over time.