+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I fell in love with an older man

I fell in love with an older man

Hello!
    I think I have a serious problem... I fell in love with an older man... He is 25 years older than me ((
    After several subsequent conversations, I felt that we are on the same wavelength, but can not be together cause of XXX reasons (he is married, I am in long-term relationship, he has kids, I do not, we are both professionally and intellectually elevated )
    I can't stop thinking of him ((
    My intuition and some of his verbal and mymic exspresions says, that he feels the same...
    Pls give some advice that will help...

Unless he plans to leave his wife, she have no leg to stand on. Seriously though, how old are you? You want to take care of some old bag who doesnt want to have sex when your 38 years old - the height of your sexual maturity?

When people like/love each other, age difference shouldn't matter, but he is married and have children so don't do anything unless he or his wife is planning to get divorced or separate...
    How would you like it if you were married and have children and your husband had an affair?
    Last edited by Saya; 11-09-11 at 07:45 AM.

but can not be together cause of XXX reasons (he is married, I am in long-term relationship, he has kids, I do not, we are both professionally and intellectually elevated )
    That's right you can't be together so do adopt the proper mind set that will enable you to accept that truth and soon enough you'll have convinced yourself of it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

End your long term relationship, its over.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Either this is a fake scenario or you have extremely low self esteem

My partner is 17 years older than me and I am the first to admit – it doesn’t work.

Oh the first few years are wonderful, but then cracks start to show. He was brought up in the 60’s and 70’s. I was brought up in the 90’s and 2000’s – 2 very different eras producing 2 very different views. We clash all the time.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Only a fool thinks that age doesn't matter. Get out now, before you destroy his children's family. It won't work out in the long run, anyway.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

He is married. That alone should tell you that this guy is off limits.Even if he is unhappy in his marriage, leaving his wife should having nothing to do with a third party coming into the marriage. Also, a guy who is willing to cheat on his wife, then ends up with the mistress is quite likely to cheat on the mistress once she becomes his wife or formal girlfriend. Also, the chances of a married man actually leaving his wife are very slim no matter how many times he tells you he is going to do it. Usually they want to have their cake and eat it too-the wife at home taking care of the kids and the young mistress waiting for them to offer sex whenever he feels like it.

Cut off all contact with him and forget about this, unless you want to spend the next few years by the phone, spending holidays on your own while he is having fun with the family and wondering why you ever made the mistake of getting involved with him. Married men are not boyfriend material;they are the ticket to your own personal hell.

Age is an important issue and you have to take into consideration what your life would be like with someone so much older than you down the line and whether you share the same principles etc. In this case, however, this should be the least of your worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Andariel View Post
    Married men are not boyfriend material;they are the ticket to your own personal hell.
    I like this quote, it sounds very real... But I have an impulse that doesn't stop with pulsing lol