+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: supporting a girl going to the gym without her taking it the wrong way

supporting a girl going to the gym without her taking it the wrong way

So my wife lately has complained at times about gaining a few pounds and I only mean a few, she is a short girl so a few pounds makes a difference. I don't really care she still can turn me on without trying and I see her as the most beautiful woman but as we all know if a woman is not happy with her bodies appearance nothing will help. So she has a gym membership but right now mostly uses it to bring her daughter to the pool for swim class. I want to help her learn some workouts and diet tips to shed a few pounds but don't want her to take it as me saying she needs to lose weight or anything. I would just take her to the gym with me but I am deployed right now so I can't.

Any suggestions on ways of actually showing her I want to help.

Try one of her girlfriends.. a sister. I'm afraid it might hurt her feelings coming from her husband...
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

well I tell her all the time when she says she's fat that she is crazy cause she's not and is sexy as hell and I mean it but I've also told her without her getting upset at all that if she wants to start going to the gym more I can give her tips. It's just hard to get her motivated to go especially with this semester all her classes are online when last semester her classes were on campus at night which was right near the gym so it worked out now she is further away at all times

She needs a partner in order to get motivated...You said earlier that she takes her daughter to swim classes.. Try to convince her to take swimming classes as well..
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you can buy her a gift package to some zumba classes. It's FUN. Gyms are not.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Join with her if you can, and make it a fun activity for both of you. Easy solution here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Join with her if you can, and make it a fun activity for both of you. Easy solution here.
    can't I'm deployed right now

Do it together. Get down and sweaty boy. Get those gym shoes on.

Dont say anything unless she brings up feeling like a cow again or wanting to work out.
    If she does tell her you'd be happy to teach her some workouts or diet tips if it will make her feel better/give her confidence but you dont think she needs it and thinks shes beautiful how she is.

If you bring it up I'm afraid she might take it the wrong way.This topic is a really sensitive one and would not recommend you mention the gym to her out of the blue.

If she mentions feeling bad about her weight again why not tell her that you find her very sexy and attractive but if she doesn't feel great about her body why not try a sport (ie. swimming, tennis etc). I would avoid mentioning the gym because it might be interpreted as your way of telling her you are fat, you have to go to the gym and lose some weight, whereas sports are not normally so intertwined with weight loss.

Why not ask her if she'd like to go to the gym WITH you. Just as a fun activity to do together?

Dammit people read the post, he's deployed!!!!

If you have kangoo jumps classes where you live, you can bring up the subject in a "look at what I found, looks fun/interesting/crazy" kinda mode and suggest she try it for the experience itself. It's the most fun fiitness/aerobic activity I've ever done and chances are if she goes once she might get hooked. Haven't met a person who's tried it and not liked it.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

I dont know lol she flip flops all the time I guess. A couple days ago she went to walmart and had bought a dvd by the chick from the biggest loser and said she needed to start eating better and I told her then I would give her tips on anything she needs and she seemed happy about that and then last night she talked about going to the gym and I asked her if she wanted me to give her info on a bunch of stuff including eating healthy I didnt even say diet and she said "no I know whats healthy I just dont eat it, I'll eat what I want when I want" not in annoyed manner or anything just said that heh so I dont know how much she really wants to commit to it. So from here on out I'll only say something if she asks lol.

Maybe its just me but if you cant sit down and discuss something like weight gain and health with your WIFE then you need to reevaluate your relationship. Yeah....she'll be upset but your in a a A ****ING MARRIAGE! hello!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast