+ Follow This Topic

Thread: guys...what does it mean if a guy suddently ask u out, after months of not speaking

guys...what does it mean if a guy suddently ask u out, after months of not speaking

i've met this guy once, months ago.we started texting but then he stopped (in april). After 5 months no speaking, 1 week ago he texted me asking if i had a bf, and if i'd like to meet up. I said "we'll see". yesterday he texted me :

"did u hav a think about us meeting up?x"
    me "i'm not really interested....but thanks for asking"
    "lol ok then x"
    me " ok "
    "lol r u teasing me or something?! :O x"
    me "no....y do u think that?"
    "the winking n that hehe. Also before when we were talking u said u wanted to but i had to ask and i knew i wasn't ready I'd been through some personal stuff x"
    me "yeah but it was long time ago"
    "well what changed?x"
    me "i don't know...."
    "time hasn't really affected much then..."
    me " i think you weren't interested months ago and u r not interested now...and i won't change my mind"
    "that's fine i won't change it, nothing like adaptability lol. but just so you know, i know what i was going through and what i thought then and now and you're wrong"
    me "now i'm going through some stuff...i'm sorry"
    "fair enough, i hope u get through it ok x"
    Me "thanks "

what do u think?? I can't believe him...i mean why he stopped talking to me for 5 months...if he really cared he could texted me sometimes just to say hi. Anyway i saw on his facebook, a girl who posted a heart on his profile. I know it doesn't mean anything...but...I really think he shouldn't stop talking to me, he didn't even care about the fact that i liked him...and that maybe he was hurting me -.-"
    Last edited by lillylove; 12-09-11 at 04:15 AM.

Obviously not a guy here but from your post it seems more to me that your miffed because you wasnt centre of attention to him at the time.
    He says he'd been through some personal stuff and you didnt question him his responses seem genuine but thats all i can tell from your post.
    Has for the <3 from another girl you put a wink in your answers to him and slammed him down.
    hearts,winks give wrong impressions and are sometimes with other meaning's however the general gesture of such things lead people to believe things other than they are feeling ie your wink.
    You didnt give the guy a chance to explain anything to you and went defensive straight off with him, i dont think he wants to hurt you but then again how will you know ?
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

me " i think you weren't interested months ago and u r not interested now...and i won't change my mind"
    If you wont' change your mind then why do you care what it means?

How old are you? I ask because from this and all your other posts on boys, It appears you're far too immature to be even thinking about dating.

You did the right thing to not see this guy... any guy who is really interested would keep in touch or at least let you know why he can't but the inappropriate signals you give off cause a guy to be confused and then when he is confused you come here and ask why?

Give up men until you mature and know how to properly respond and act around them is my suggestion.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 12-09-11 at 04:38 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It means the other girl he was after in that time told him to get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    Obviously not a guy here but from your post it seems more to me that your miffed because you wasnt centre of attention to him at the time.
    He says he'd been through some personal stuff and you didnt question him his responses seem genuine but thats all i can tell from your post.
    Has for the <3 from another girl you put a wink in your answers to him and slammed him down.
    hearts,winks give wrong impressions and are sometimes with other meaning's however the general gesture of such things lead people to believe things other than they are feeling ie your wink.
    You didnt give the guy a chance to explain anything to you and went defensive straight off with him, i dont think he wants to hurt you but then again how will you know ?
    I don't belive he was going through some personal stuff. He started texting me and flirting with me...if he was going through something he shouldn't did it. And even if it's true, he could said "hey...let's be just friend...i have some problems now and i'm not ready to date anyone".
    He said he was interested in me...if u r interested in someone you don't stop talking to this person -.-"...he could at least text me sometimes just to say hi.

as for the girl who posted the <3...she said "I already text you, but never mind.. happy birthday and I'll see you later ♥ xxx"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    If you wont' change your mind then why do you care what it means?

How old are you? I ask because from this and all your other posts on boys, It appears you're far too immature to be even thinking about dating.

You did the right thing to not see this guy... any guy who is really interested would keep in touch or at least let you know why he can't but the inappropriate signals you give off cause a guy to be confused and then when he is confused you come here and ask why?

Give up men until you mature and know how to properly respond and act around them is my suggestion.
    i know sometimes i seem immature...but i don't think this is the case

Quote Originally Posted by lillylove View Post
    I don't belive he was going through some personal stuff. He started texting me and flirting with me...if he was going through something he shouldn't did it. And even if it's true, he could said "hey...let's be just friend...i have some problems now and i'm not ready to date anyone".
    He said he was interested in me...if u r interested in someone you don't stop talking to this person -.-"...he could at least text me sometimes just to say hi.

as for the girl who posted the <3...she said "I already text you, but never mind.. happy birthday and I'll see you later ♥ xxx"
    Then if this is your belief ban his number, i answered according to your post and if your instincts tell you he is a screw up you dont need us confirm it. However i stand by my post and still believe that your wink was inappropriate and misleading for this guy.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    Then if this is your belief ban his number, i answered according to your post and if your instincts tell you he is a screw up you dont need us confirm it. However i stand by my post and still believe that your wink was inappropriate and misleading for this guy.

i think he's lying...but i'm not sure.... Why my wink was inappropriate?? it's just a wink....i put it just to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lillylove View Post
    i know sometimes i seem immature...but i don't think this is the case
    You already know the answer to your question because you said this :
    So if you knew the answer then why did you text him and give the impression that you were interested with yor smiley faces and crap. Next time you know the answer and a guy stops and then starts to talk to you again then don't answer him or tell him exactly what you said in that quote. Quit leading guys on! In every thread you've created you've someohow led a guy on and then ask us about what it means or why it happened and then when we tell you you argue with us. O.o

However i stand by my post and still believe that your wink was inappropriate and misleading for this guy.
    Totally agree.

You're coming across as game playing/mind screwer and it's likely going to get you into trouble one day.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 12-09-11 at 11:25 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion