+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I get my ex back?

How can I get my ex back?

I was with this girl and things were going well. We hadn't been together too long but were already talking about moving in together and even buying a ring. This was at around 6 months. The only problem was that my ex girlfriend was a friend of mine, and I was dumb and naive and refused to give up a friend. I thought that she shouldn't ask. This obviously caused a strain on our relationship and ended up kicking off my depression. Got depressed, felt smothered, and broke up with her. 3 days later, I realized what a huge mistake this was. We got back together and I promised to try and get rid of the ex. It wasn't that easy. I was doing it for the wrong reasons. I still felt it was wrong of her to ask. Since I did it for the wrong reasons, she didn't really leave the picture and the fights contintued.

We have been apart for a couple months now with very little contact. I KNOW that this girl is the one for me and it just seemed so silly that I couldn't drop the ex for her. So I did it. It wasn't easy, but I had to. If I ever wanted to move on then she had to go. I did it for the right reasons, I'm actually happy that I did this. Told the girl and she isn't too impressed. I don't think she realizes how difficult it was to say goodbye to someone who was a part of your life for 5 years. She didn't say I have no chance, but based on how she is acting, that is how it is. I'm not sure if maybe that is just something to make me feel the heat to remind me of the mistake I made or if she really wants to be gone.

I understand her point of not trusting me. I broke her heart before. I said goodbye to this girl and she boomeranged back. I know this time it is for real, but I don't know how to prove it to her. I had the first panic attack of my life last night at the thought of her being gone. That is completely unlike me.

Today I made this video to try and show her. youtube.com/watch?v=B2CFehxElUU A friend of mine said that if that doesn't do it then she doesn't deserve me. So really I'm looking for 2 things here. How can I get her back and prove that this time is really for the long hall. And 2, can you check out the video? It could use all of the support it can get.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to your replies!

Link is [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CFehxElUU]The one that got away - YouTube[/url] I can link it now

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    People make mistakes, its all part of love. You understood her side that she might not trust you because of what happened, and you should leave it at that instead of consoling yourself that she's trying to test you or something.

1. Today I made this video to try and show her.
    2. A friend of mine said that if that doesn't do it then she doesn't deserve me.
    I don't think that making videos should be a basis as to how you should end things. If it were that easy, then we should all just fool around and make "sorry" videos after.

What I can say for now is to look for ways that would show her that you're not fooling around with anybody else. Reverse everything you did that made her doubt you in the first place. Losing someone's trust is a big issue so you have to assume that you're back to square one. That would mean, you shouldn't be talking about long range plans like getting married for now.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    I was with this girl and things were going well. We hadn't been together too long but were already talking about moving in together and even buying a ring. This was at around 6 months. The only problem was that my ex girlfriend was a friend of mine, and I was dumb and naive and refused to give up a friend. I thought that she shouldn't ask. This obviously caused a strain on our relationship and ended up kicking off my depression. Got depressed, felt smothered, and broke up with her. 3 days later, I realized what a huge mistake this was. We got back together and I promised to try and get rid of the ex. It wasn't that easy. I was doing it for the wrong reasons. I still felt it was wrong of her to ask. Since I did it for the wrong reasons, she didn't really leave the picture and the fights contintued.

We have been apart for a couple months now with very little contact. I KNOW that this girl is the one for me and it just seemed so silly that I couldn't drop the ex for her. So I did it. It wasn't easy, but I had to. If I ever wanted to move on then she had to go. I did it for the right reasons, I'm actually happy that I did this. Told the girl and she isn't too impressed. I don't think she realizes how difficult it was to say goodbye to someone who was a part of your life for 5 years. She didn't say I have no chance, but based on how she is acting, that is how it is. I'm not sure if maybe that is just something to make me feel the heat to remind me of the mistake I made or if she really wants to be gone.

I understand her point of not trusting me. I broke her heart before. I said goodbye to this girl and she boomeranged back. I know this time it is for real, but I don't know how to prove it to her. I had the first panic attack of my life last night at the thought of her being gone. That is completely unlike me.

Today I made this video to try and show her. youtube.com/watch?v=B2CFehxElUU A friend of mine said that if that doesn't do it then she doesn't deserve me. So really I'm looking for 2 things here. How can I get her back and prove that this time is really for the long hall. And 2, can you check out the video? It could use all of the support it can get.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to your replies!
    Hey Mate,

Nice Video, Very touching.

I feel your pain, I guess we don't know what we've lost until its gone.

I have not spoken to my ex in almost 3 months, Sounds so crazy because before we broke up we spent 24/7 with each other, It isn't easy going from spending so much time with someone to not seeing them again ! Even to this day i have day's where i just simply wish i could go back 6 months ! Unfortunately we can't, Life throws us challenges in which we must get through and learn from.

What you've done is nothing to feel bad for, Compared to me at least you didn't screw up like i did. Instead of standing by her i completely messed up on Valentines day and her Birthday like an absolute idiot :/ Getting drunk to deal with my stresses and going out with friends was more important to me then this beautiful amazing girl who would have done absolutely anything for me, Although i didn't see it at the time, I do now. I guess i thought she loved me so much that she wouldn't leave me, Which she did, And i don't blame her, I got what i deserved, I broke her heart to absolute pieces in ways she just couldn't explain.

It is so hard to deal with and move on, Especially with constant reminders, But you have to stay strong.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post

I don't think that making videos should be a basis as to how you should end things. If it were that easy, then we should all just fool around and make "sorry" videos after.

What I can say for now is to look for ways that would show her that you're not fooling around with anybody else. Reverse everything you did that made her doubt you in the first place. Losing someone's trust is a big issue so you have to assume that you're back to square one. That would mean, you shouldn't be talking about long range plans like getting married for now.
    I agree with you here. I don't expect making a video to be a get out of jail card. I also agree with you that people make mistakes. I'm doing everything that I can to show this girl that I am a changed man. I didn't see things the way that I should have before but I do now. Better late than never, maybe, but I need just this one more chance.

Thanks for your reply

I thought I would leave an update now that nearly a month has passed. We aren't together, but we talk and hang out everyday. We text no less than 100 times a day and wehave been together something like 11 of the last 13 days. Trust is still a concern, but she has opened up to me. Shared her feelings and I've shared mine. For awhile she was telling me she loved me and was cuddling with me, but about a week ago decided to stop. She felt like she was falling back into things and wasn't ready yet.

I haven't shown her the video yet, I have always kind of had the feeling that s my grand finale and I'm scared that if I show it and it doesn't work then I'll be all out of gas. I've received several supportive comments, and I believe they will help. Feel free to stop by if you haven't and show some love. Slowly but surely she is learning to trust me again, it's only a matter of time before she is ready to put herself out there and be vulnerable again.

Thanks for all of the support.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CFehxElUU]The one that got away - YouTube[/url]