+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How important is cleanliness to you?

How important is cleanliness to you?

How important is cleanliness to you? I have seen some of the most dirty men and women easily attract many partners. Some of these people look like they have not taken a bath. The sad thing is that some of these people can take care of themselves if they try. I know some girls like to be fixer uppers, but there are dirty women who easily attract men as well. Is this new to my generation? Did your generation also experience this?

I dunno... I hate to shave, but I don't like having a beard either, so I perpetually need a shave and look scruffy, but I've never had a problem.

During the summer I bathe at least once a day, but during winter I do every 2 or 3 days unless I get sweaty. Maybe your standards are ridiculously high?

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    How important is cleanliness to you? I have seen some of the most dirty men and women easily attract many partners. Some of these people look like they have not taken a bath. The sad thing is that some of these people can take care of themselves if they try. I know some girls like to be fixer uppers, but there are dirty women who easily attract men as well. Is this new to my generation? Did your generation also experience this?
    Howard Hughes, is that you?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Define dirty, like greasy hair? body odor? wrinkled clothes?
    Sometimes us girls have off days where we just want to throw on sweatpants with no makeup to run to the store. Guys will still flirt because we have boobs and we're alone. And some guys just dont like high-maintenance chicks, they appreciate someone real and down to earth.
    The majority of guys I see respond to soft hair and nice makeup with tight cute clothes and heels.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dirty people attract dirty people. Then again, what we see as dirty may just be their idea of being low-key. Not everyone wants to look their best all the time.

Me, I like my men so clean they're borderline metrosexual. No dirty hair. Nice smelling. Clean fingernails.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I dunno... I hate to shave, but I don't like having a beard either, so I perpetually need a shave and look scruffy, but I've never had a problem.
    What does shaving have to do with cleanliness?
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

To be clean is a highly attractive feature for most of us, lank greasy hair, smelly beards,dirty fingernails, unless of course he is a mechanic or his job entails this they still wash.to be dirty whilst in a relationship is a major insult to the other person.
    To not wash the smelliest areas and expect a kiss with bad breath, or a bj with a stinky penis, these are just major disrespect for the other person.
    Why on earth people cant keep clean that are capable of maintaining themselves should not feel any pleasure or expect any from anyone else.
    Its just selfish inconsiderate behaviour
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    What does shaving have to do with cleanliness?
    EWW you cant be serious, shaving or washing is cleanliness, ever tried muff diving one girl then going to kiss another, the second girl smells the first
    Robert Fripp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    ever tried muff diving one girl then going to kiss another, the second girl smells the first
    I can't say I've had the pleasure.
    Unless these events are seamlessly sequential, there's an easy fix for the problem. Washing.
    Shaving is just a matter of style, not cleanliness.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Define dirty, like greasy hair? body odor? wrinkled clothes?
    Sometimes us girls have off days where we just want to throw on sweatpants with no makeup to run to the store. Guys will still flirt because we have boobs and we're alone. And some guys just dont like high-maintenance chicks, they appreciate someone real and down to earth.
    The majority of guys I see respond to soft hair and nice makeup with tight cute clothes and heels.

I agree totally with this. Sometimes when I go out to the store for a jug of milk, I just throw on a pair of sweats and a tshirt/hoodie and toss my hair in a pony, and I've still gotten hit on. I've also gotten hit on after softball practice in the summers when I've got my "war paint" on, my hair a mess, and am in a pair of break aways and a cut up shirt. As far as the whole cleanliness thing, though, I keep myself clean (unless I've just gotten off of softball, then I can't really help that if I go straight to the market) and I expect the same of my partner. I dated a guy when I was in High School and I had never noticed it before we started dating (We didn't really hang before that) but he always had such greasy hair and overly oily skin. It's a huge turn off when a man doesn't keep himself looking well kept and clean. I'm not saying you know, go all Abercrombie when you go out -- my current BF can rock the basketball shorts and tshirt look and it's sexy as hell -- but at least you know, smell good.

I can't say I've had the pleasure.
    Unless these events are seamlessly sequential, there's an easy fix for the problem. Washing.
    Shaving is just a matter of style, not cleanliness.
    shaving is style and washing is cleanliness but a straggy beard is gross, where as a nice trimmed beard is a obvious for runner to cleanliness, hair holds the niff and it needs to be shaved off if you dont wash or trim it this is what i meant.
    Mind you a 6mm can still smell depending on its activity and a clean shaven face fairly smells of anything but yummy, so shaking depending on the guys preference for a beard or not is a matter of cleanliness
    Robert Fripp

I would love to grow a proper, untrimmed unix beard, like i did some years ago. It was so cool
    I don't however, because I have this gut feeling that girls falsely associate it with uncleanliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    hair holds the niff and it needs to be shaved off if you dont wash or trim it this is what i meant.
    I'm pretty sure that even shaven skin will start to stink eventually if it isn't washed after activity that leaves a smell. Sure, hair may hold the smell more effectively but having a beard doesn't imply that it hasn't been washed.

Shaving a beard, or any hair, because you can't be arsed to wash it sounds more dirty to me.

I would love to grow a proper, untrimmed unix beard, like i did some years ago. It was so cool
    I don't however, because I have this gut feeling that girls falsely associate it with uncleanliness.
    Yeah.. ew. uncleanliness and hobo-ness. And it makes you look older in a more child molester sort of way. The only person Ive ever heard say they're attracted to full-on bushy beard is Ke$ha.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Yeah.. ew. uncleanliness and hobo-ness. And it makes you look older in a more child molester sort of way. The only person Ive ever heard say they're attracted to full-on bushy beard is Ke$ha.
    How come you associate bushy beard with child molestation?
    Looking older is actually good. Most girls prefer to date older guys so looking older than I am should make it easier to overcome the initial attraction step.
    One of my few female friends (and a close one at that) absolutely loves big bushy beards. She has suggested to let mine grow, but I don't comply due to my expectation of prejudice from the opposite sex.

The same reason I associate beat up vans with child molestation, its just a stereotype thats been ingrained in my head. Unkempt facial hair kinda says "I dont care what I look like and I dont give a crap if I ever attract a girl, Ill live at my parents forever with my beer and game console."
    If I were to choose which one looks more inclined to touch a child inappropriately Id go with the top, the bottom looks like a computer networking admin

Also hair keeps in smells and "catches" things. Armpit hair can hold bits of deodorant and can stink, pubic hair can catch bodily fluids and stink, and facial hair can catch bits of food or bodily fluids. Does it mean everyone with bushy pubes is smelly or dirty all the time? No but your first thought would probably not be a positive one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast