+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fate?

Fate?

I'll try my best not to make this a late night rant but I googled this forum at midnight just to get some ideas on my current situation. I am young but I've always been a caring, passionate and loving person. I have had plenty of experience with different things over the past few years and I've matured a lot since then. I'm not completely out of the woods yet but things are much better than they were. I'm not rich even though I have a extremely stable money situation and plenty in reserve / savings. I don't have big muscles and I don't drive a truck that you can see and hear from five miles away. I've always been an outsider since I am completely different from almost any guy here but I've made a lot of progress. What still get's me is that it's like I am the most unattractive man in the COTUS.

I saw a ad in an newspaper for some guy who wanted a girlfriend. He screamed psycho but it was funny nonetheless especially with the picture he put in. I haven't followed up but I bet you that he has someone right now. I see guys who treat women like trash and I've seen the results that are sometimes lethal and almost always at least extremely damaging. The biggest relationship I've had was with someone who was just as old as my mom which lasted for over a year. I don't want to sound arrogant, petty or cocky but I know myself better than anyone else. I was raised to be a gentlemen and the "nice guy" even though I've had to play the bad guy a few times and I'm not afraid to do so either. I wish I had been treated like crap because at least I wouldn't be alone right now even if I turned out to be a complete scum bag.

I'm only a few months away from the biggest challenge of my life. Opportunities are opening up for me all over the place and I follow my plan but I don't know which one I'm going to choose but that isn't even a concern. I've tried being a uncaring, crude, angry, bitter, cocky, prick a**hole but that didn't work and I won't ever change myself again to make someone else happy. I feel that some people or maybe just me are meant to be alone. I've never actually been loved by anyone besides my family and that's pretty much a contractual agreement from birth. I speak three different languages, I can cook hundreds of dishes from across the world, I'm in great shape because I'm a huge endurance athlete, I have a great sense of humor even if it's dark at times and I've got hundreds of contacts across the globe. Say my name in a few countries in Central Asia and you will find someone who knows me. I have a stable job and a future career that is close but the road I'm on will take few more months.

I'm not lacking in any way except for a few tattoos probably and a beer gut which I could always get. I've been rejected more times than I can count and I've been thrown away twice. I've been stabbed in the back once and taunted. I've had to deal with catastrophic things in my life on my own without anyone to tell me that it's going to be alright. Hell I've been lost in a war-zone (long story) but somehow survived. I could climb the highest mountain, I could command a fleet of warships, I could win ten Super Bowls, retire and win five NBA championships. I could break Lance's record and make Eddie Merckx look weak even when he was at his prime. Sure I'm exaggerating but what I'm getting at is am I meant to be alone? Is God or whatever is up there aligned against me? Because it feels like that. It feels like no matter how hard I try, how long I search, yearn or pray, I'll never find anyone. I'll be alone for the rest of my life.

I used to say that there are no single women where I live and on the off chance that there is one she isn't interested in me. I really do believe that now because it's impossible. At the college I get no eye contact and getting a word out of someone is easier in an interrogation room. I can understand this somewhat because I don't waste my time playing stupid games or putting on some kind of flamboyant show of masculinity for everyone else my age. I think it's retarded but apparently being mentally handicapped but really good at football makes you worthy of love. I probably sound bitter but I have every right to be. That first ex of mine told me once, the last time we had lunch together after a few months of being away from each other, that I can't hold it against them or anyone for that matter. That in a couple of years they will finally gain higher function of their minds and realize that the guy who gets drunk every night in the wife beater and can't speak English can't be turned into a nice guy. What kind of bullsh** is that? I've heard that in different forms from multiple people. The way I look at it is that if I'm not good enough now; If I'm not strong, ugly, pretty, smart, stupid, smelly, classy, sexy or muscular enough I won't ever be.

So is this just me? Nice guy who fought the good fight for seven or eight years and whose finally turning into a pessimistic prick? I'll never betray my friends or hurt them so don't get me wrong on that. I will be loyal until the day I die but its getting the point now that when I look at couples my age or anyone for that matter I just get bitter and ignore them. When I see a pretty girl I used to smile and think what if but now I look at her and strut by like she's not even worth my time. I don't want to turn into this but how can I not if I've been through this crap?

/rant disengaged.

Eventually I want to be able to live by the saying from Heat. I'm alone but I'm not lonely. Most of the time it's like that but sometimes it gets to me...

What still get's me is that it's like I am the most unattractive man in the COTUS.
    What makes you say that? Care to post a pic? Since you are a sensitive person, I think you should find someone who likes you for your heart, instead of your looks. Having a relationship just based on looks usually doesn't last real long. Having a relationship based on the compatibility of hearts lasts much longer.

I won't ever change myself again to make someone else happy.
    Good. I think you're "getting it" now. You don't need to make major changes for anyone. Minor changes maybe, but find someone who likes you for you.

I feel that some people or maybe just me are meant to be alone.
    Nope. I'm in my early 40s and only now am I finding the women I am most compatible with, and I'm having the best time of my life, better than college. If you are talking about fate, then maybe some people are not meant to find "the one" until later in life. They might have to learn a few life lessons before the universe leads them to the right match.

I've been rejected more times than I can count and I've been thrown away twice.
    Then those people didn't like you for yourself. That means, you don't need them. Be glad you got rid of the dead weight. They may have appeared nice, but I bet they weren't real committed, or had some serious issues. Maybe you saw these issues, maybe not. I'm thankful I got a divorce, because I have been meeting some great women now. The divorce was hard, but these great women make up for it.

I guess my point is, girls don't like it when you try too hard. I'm naturally affectionate and expressive of my feelings. One girl thought I was reciting pages from a book "How to make love to a woman" (not a real book), but I'm am just open with my feelings and my intentions. So I try to tone it down so I don't look like a player. Sometimes I act aloof, make them work a little to get time with me. It does work.

The other thing is sometimes girls like it when a man takes charge in the bedroom. Girls who are uptight or have issues won't like this, but many confident girls will. If I want my gf, I'll tell her in my bedroom voice "Take off your clothes, I'm going to take you right here in the living room." She just loves it when I'm in charge.

Being in charge is not the same as being controlling. Controlling is a problem, but being in charge in the bedroom is just exciting.

Maybe these tips will help you. I think the "man in charge" thing will get me flamed, I'm sure.
    Last edited by bulrush; 14-09-11 at 09:41 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Fox, we all feel the same way or similar to your rant in some portion of our life and although you feel alone now and think you will never find that someone special. Fate will deliver you a gift and you will find that one person whom is meant to be.
    I feel the same way as you at times but i kick my ass and keep going on through life.I dont think we find that someone for us because they havent fount that niche in their life to reach maturity.
    As for the mental headed jock, yawn... these are for girls who are more high maintenance and believe these guys too stupid and need that trophy chick on their arm for vanity and not anything else, it is to be pitied more then envied because you wouldnt be happy with this kind of person.
    Your ideal woman doesnt need to beautiful on the outside as long as she is inside, her maturity must match your own so that neither of you are dancing around silly immature situations/arguements.
    Its not worth thinking about, enjoy your life and safe yourself from this immaturity and while you have yourself strutting past that pretty girl maybe your missing something.
    The thing is when your down, pissed off with life you emit this energy and it makes you noticeable to most women.
    Enjoy put your ass out there and say if i come home alone then fair enough, she wasnt there tonight.But being out there and not looking changes your energy, your not shut off, you dont seem desperate or needy and she will be there.
    Never change you for anyone it is not worth it but if they are right for you changing bad habits/ laziness is definately worth changing.
    Most relationship's need to have give and take and this includes the little things also.
    You are wanted by many girls/women you just havent met them yet, dont let bad crap from previous relationhips alter you so you end up carrying more baggage.
    Life is a screw up and im too old for you but you sound like the perfect guy, maturity rate is different for each of us its a large spectrum and soon very soon i hope you get your girl, guys like you dont deserve to live this shit.
    Good luck and enjoy until she comes, she will.

Bulrush says about the man in charge, few woman like this we prefer confident non bullsh*t guys
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp