+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does a 55 years married man can fall in love?

Does a 55 years married man can fall in love?

Hi...
    I am interested if a married man at his 50+ can fall in love with a 20 years younger woman than him?
    I know that intelectual site has a big role in who we like, and love, and that theres no difference between wise man and man who falls in love... So, how a man copes with this problem, and what are the signs that he shows if he's in love with a certain unmarried and younger woman?
    Thanks!

Age is not really a factor in falling in love with someone, we cant help who we fall in love with, however we do need to determine the difference between love and lust.
    We each have morals and act upon those morals when age becomes a factor but due to the ages posted they are definitely aware of their own minds and consensual.
    Signs of love dont really change, ie listen to your instincts, body language, voice,actions all imply wether our interest in another person is acceptable or not.
    Does she welcome you, laugh with you, stand very close,do you have similar interests,
    I do honestly believe that no matter your's/ her age the signs change very little and the older we get the wiser we are for we are no longer ruled mainly by our hormones and are able to see the pit falls easier.

Society often dictates, 16yrs plus has being to young to know the difference between love and lust
    Then on the other hand some of society believe after a certain age we are too old to fall in love
    You are never too old to fall in love, love is beauty, and war mixed together, it has its good and bad.
    It will never be perfect because each of us are individual and neither of us are perfect, we each have set things we can ignore,or condone in a relationship.
    Love is a binding,commitment which eventually we fully commit to by marriage.
    Last edited by Kyrina; 14-09-11 at 06:12 PM.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Yes of course, love doesn't really see age. Who you fall for is who you fall for. What you need to work out is whether this relationship will last - what do you have in common, what are your long terms goals, why do you want to be with each other, what can you learn from each other, whay do you have these feelings? This should give you a better understanding but don't let age be the only deciding factor. From our experience, many age-gap relationships work!

We are discussing real love her and not the kind you buy out of a catalogue, right?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Xipoxia View Post
    Hi...
    I am interested if a married man at his 50+ can fall in love with a 20 years younger woman than him?
    I know that intelectual site has a big role in who we like, and love, and that theres no difference between wise man and man who falls in love... So, how a man copes with this problem, and what are the signs that he shows if he's in love with a certain unmarried and younger woman?
    Thanks!
    Yes of course.... in fact a 55 year old married man could easily fall in love with a woman 20 years younger (probably a lot easier than it would be to still love his older wife)

Quote Originally Posted by Xipoxia View Post
    Hi...
    Thanks!
    You already know that you can, probably feel that you shouldn't and want to know what to do about it.

NOTHING, would be my best advice. You would be better advised just to savour the hormonal rush of fresh desire and realize you've forgotton how it felt to be inerested and interesting to the opposite sex. Moments come along in life that are not meant to be acted upon.They just jar you out of a rut and with luck, lead to taking fresh stock of what has become so familiar it makes you feel invisible. Chances are your wife feels equally invisible. Staleness within existing marriage is the usual reason for either partner to look elsewhere. Midlife crisis and feelings of life passing you by, depression, loneliness within a relationship because you've stopped sharing thoughts and feeling: All these things can lead to the restless urge to go elsewhere rather than re-invent what you have.

If you are going to risk all you have for a passing fancy (because all passion passes - and then what? You already have that!) At least talk to your wife about why you're not content to just let pretty young girls go by without wanting to grab one. Fantasize all you like about younger women, but even if you secure one at the expense of your marriage, you will regret it when the hormones settle to your maintenance level again (how often do you make love to your wife now?) and she will be looking for a younger man when HER menopausal crisis comes along. Haven't you already been through that with the wife?(Or didn'tyou notice she had issues of her own?) Man, you are just looking for trouble! It's a novelty, let it pass.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the original poster is the young girl. She writes like one, anyway.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think the original poster is the young girl. She writes like one, anyway.
    Vasti, do u mean me? I am 65. I greatly admire your style. Should I just pack it in and go back to my rocking chair?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsybell View Post
    Vasti, do u mean me? I am 65. I greatly admire your style. Should I just pack it in and go back to my rocking chair?
    Of course not! You are very welcome here - we need people who have enough life experience to advise those of us in our 30s and 40s, too!

I think the person asking for advice on this thread is the young girl, and not the older man.

And thanks for the compliment.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?