+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex contacting me

Quote Originally Posted by Mykee View Post
    I know the reason we broke up and I know how to fix it. I've got to give her time to realise what we had and what we can have in the future. Me, her and our two girls living together again. As a family. As it should be.
    I've not read your thread. The opinion I provided to your post was in general. I'll have to read your post, I think I may have skimmed over it as I didn't have time to reply. If I remember correctly, you two moved in far too quickly and now she's repeating history and has done the exact same thing with a new guy. Shoddy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by sammi_xxx View Post
    well he said, he wants to give us another chance. But hes saying he thinks someone has took interest in me.. because I said i was busy
    Did you tell him that you'd like to discuss this face to face and is he available tonight to meet up? Don't have this conversation over text.. it leave too much up to misinterpretation and you can't hear voice reflection or hesitation etc.

If you want him back make sure the two of you do some kind of course or book reading(s) to help you how to communicate. Being able to effectively communicate is THE corner stone to maintaing a relationship that will last the test of time.

Good luck. and good for you for putting it to him straight.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I've not read your thread. The opinion I provided to your post was in general. I'll have to read your post, I think I may have skimmed over it as I didn't have time to reply. If I remember correctly, you two moved in far too quickly and now she's repeating history and has done the exact same thing with a new guy. Shoddy.
    Well, we were dating for about 9 months before even thinking about moving in together. Both single people.

She has now moved in after less than three months with the new guy. With my two children. Oh, and he's 45, has three grown up children and a grand daughter.

No because I don't want to be sounding needy but i'll ask to meet up towards the end of the week. He's agreed things need fixing before we can be together again. Thankyou so much guys for all your input! it's helped me alot

Sammi we wish you luck with your future, but please dont make the mistake of going back to him to calm his fears over someone else liking you.
    This is totally the wrong thing IMO to do,tell him what you want and if he isnt childish and you arent to over the top things should be good
    Keep smiling a lighter heart is better then an heavy one
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12