+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have you ever dated someone too independent ?

Have you ever dated someone too independent ?

Just wondering if it's me or are people that are generally very independent type A personalities you dated tend to be so caught up in themselves that they can't see there selfish tendencies...the more I date one the more unneeded and occasionally wanted I find myself feeling...I find people super independent have a hard time treating there partner as an equal as time lengthens in the relationship.. .anyone else ever noticed this?

Those who are confident usually have less need for someone else to help them in life.

The opposite is obviously true for those who lack confidence

That is what dating is all about....finding someone who is your equal and fulfills your relationship expectations. You have to go out kicking a lot of tires to find the right one. It would be best to acknowledge that the person who you are with isn't for you and to end it instead of trying to change them or hope they do. It's a more realistic approach.

I did date one sent me crazy moved to new york for 5 months without broke up with him boxing day once i got home . Took all that to break up coz everytime i tried he just went crazy

I don't prefer to date someone who smothers me but I also don't prefer someone who is very emotionally independent. Every guy that I've had a serious relationship was very independent, but not necessarily in an emotional sense. I like someone who is a hard worker, like me, and whose life doesn't revolve around the relationship. BUT at the end of the day, I need someone loving and warm.

I guess what I'm saying is that there must be another element to selfishness aside from personality type.

Hope that made sense ;-)