+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this the new style of player?

Is this the new style of player?

So I meet this guy online Monday and we spoke for 10hrs online and by text. We spoke about everything from past relationships, to asking each other random questions, to what music we liked. Every question and topic was covered. We were up til 4am talking. I have not even spoken to my best friend or anyone for that matter for that long, so I think that is a sign of something.

We meet last night and he said his never felt this way about anyone before. We spoke again about everything and anything. When he asked if its okay to kiss me. No one has ever asked if its okay to kiss me they just go in for it, as people do. So it showed he has respect. He even said up front he will wait as long as I want for sex.

Cutting out the boring bits we went back to his and nothing happened. This morning we planned to go get lunch on the coast but I needed to go back to get my car and back to my house to get ready. He even dressed up nicely. Got my car and he followed me back to mine. He text me and said his house mate needs him ASAP and he will call me when his done. Got no call so I thought I better text to make sure all is okay, no reply. Checked my facebook tonight and he deleted me.

With everything that was said and done it just makes no sense. Is this a new sort of player? Is he playing hard to get? Why delete me? I know it sounds petty and stupid but everything was so good why would he waste his time if his going to do this? I just need help to understand what this guy is thinking. His very protective already and has told his mates about me so maybe e doesnt want them snooping in on me on his facebook? Idea and thoughts would be awesome.

sadie_genie Guest
    LOL! I am not sure. But it is pretty funny, don't you agree?

Lol it is funny someone would waste their time mmmmm men!

Sorry hun you have been had, he took you for a ride, yes i would say he is.
    Online romances are very dodgy, being on a pc you can pretend to care, be someone your not, was he on cam did you see him for these 10 hours all the time, he and a friend could have taken shifts to chat with you.
    In a way its funny but it isnt really. Guys and girls both play this game and its real people who pay for the crap they find amusing.
    Be happy he is out of your life and please remember that words on a screen can make you believe anything.
    Not all guys are like this freak, just be more aware and dont meet them straight off again keep it public at all times.
    People on computers may seem nice but you can never really tell.
    If this idiot has done it once he's done it many times and for all you know he could be a walking disease transmitter.
    Im sorry you got duped like this but take it has a lesson and be more aware in the future.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    In a way its funny but it isnt really. Guys and girls both play this game and its real people who pay for the crap they find amusing.
    No. The OP should find this amusing because no normal person would do something like this. There is really no reason to take someone like this seriously so one should laugh about it rather than be frustrated about it.

Thanks guys I feel better now just need to bitch about it and have people listen. He did reply today and said he felt no spark even though he said he felt a spark on the date. So his just fcucked up in the head. I feel 10 times better now. And hell I found out now b4 he took things further.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    No. The OP should find this amusing because no normal person would do something like this. There is really no reason to take someone like this seriously so one should laugh about it rather than be frustrated about it.
    That is only one way of looking at the situation and there are two sides to it, OP was hurt and humiliated and has learnt from this person.When other emotions are put aside and a lesson learnt then OP may find the humour in the situation.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

The fact that he deleted you from FB clinches the deal for me. I think he is a player. I'll bet he doesn't even have a roommate, or his roommate is a dog, or something weird.

Or maybe he discovered you two aren't that compatible. Whatever he discovered, it sounded sudden.
    Last edited by bulrush; 15-09-11 at 11:52 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)