+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My first Date ...

My first Date ...

I've managed to biuld up the confidence to ask her out, which was difficult as im quite shy with new people, and got a yes.

Never been on a date, but were off to dinner somewhere, to be arranged, but she is also very shy, i have had conversation, but very little, im always starting them, they go on for a few minutes and die out, she will not start them though nerves or just shyness, i dont know.

I've found a site with some convo starters, but it would almost feel like im playing 50 questions and feel like an interview. Most of them are pretty shocking tbh.

I've noted a few, such as, Do you like to cook, had many holidays. But is there any other normal starters? Or just general advice would be great!

Should i bring a gift? Just something small, single rose maybe? or is that too much?

Ask her a leading question that isn't terribly specific... then shut up and let her talk. Listen to her. Repeat back things that she says once in a while, while paraphrasing.

Don't bring a gift.

awwww HIA, whats wrong with a rose or something on a first date? I would have said yes to just a single rose or something similar that is small.

What do you have in common with her? What is she interested in? Even the most shy people have something they're passionate about and can talk about at length.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    awwww HIA, whats wrong with a rose or something on a first date? I would have said yes to just a single rose or something similar that is small.

What do you have in common with her? What is she interested in? Even the most shy people have something they're passionate about and can talk about at length.
    I dunno... seems a bit over the top for a first date with somebody. Especially somebody that he doesn't even know well enough to know what to talk about with her.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post

A rose is a bad idea, ESPECIALLY with someone who is shy.

Just take it easy. The best girl I ever dated was incredibly shy, and the first date was really awkward. In the end, they open up to you if they like you.

My husband gave me a flower on our first date. I thought it was sweet! I saw yes to that.

IMO, any gift on a first date is too much. It looks desperate, or rushed. Besides, the first date is to determine if you like them enough to ask for a second date. Flowers on a second date is ok.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Do you know what her interests and hobbies are? If so, you can ask some questions about them...

Also don't go overboard with questions or you'll make her feel like she's being interviewed.

And I vote rose for the second date.

I actually wrote an article fro my site about this, [URL="http://www.socialsuccessmastery.com/firstdateadvice.html"]first date advice[/URL] hope it helps you out, you can PM me for details
    Gary Uranga, Writer of SocialSuccessMastery.com