+ Follow This Topic

Thread: first relationship advice

first relationship advice

Im in my first relationship, but I'm having a few problems so was hoping i could get advice from people with more experience.

My partner is the first woman i had been with, i was very shy previous to this. she has slept around with a lot of people in the past in the high 20's she says this was because she had low self confidence and i think part of it is also because she was sexually assaulted when she was young and was also adopted and went looking for love in the wrong way.

this doesn't bother me so much any more what bothers me is that she still speaks to a lot of the people she slept around with and also some of her ex's this i find very very hard to live with. I don't think she would ever cheat on me but still the thought of her chatting with these people and the thought that there is probably still chemistry between makes me want a run a mile.

I was wondering if people thought i was just being pathetic or whether what she is doing is insensitive to me. If its happened to you how did you deal with it.

many thanks

I'm very friendly with all of my exes...still talk at least once a day to my ex-husband even tho he is remarried. Is there still sexual chemistry there, nope. Just because she still talks to the men who were in her past, doesn't mean she is looking to hop back into bed with them...Relax

I do ask my boyfriend about the person she slept with and also his exes and I know most of his Ex. I don't have any experience sleeping with other guys. But its much easy and more comfortable for me to know him better if I ask those things about him I don't have problems with his past relationship as long as he is being honest with him. But if you are not comfortable with what your gf is saying then be honest and tell her in a nice way about how you feel about it. When you are in love acceptance is the best thins to do in your relationship.