+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i getting played?

am i getting played?

I've known this guy for three months, only had two encounters with him though (the day i met him and we watched movies the next night) because he is in the military and left out the third day. He has been gone since july 6 and will return nxt mnt on the 6th we've talked basically everyday in exception to wen he falls asleep which has only been maybe four times. Anyway we kind of established a relationship over the phone. He came to me 1st with the "i really like u, want u to be my girl" etc. Now iv developed really really strong feelings and cannot wait til his return. I think about him 24/7 and it hurts when i dont hear from him. Could it be all his talk was game cuz he is lonely over there and he doesnt really feel this way about me? He also was supposed to send me a larger check to take care of something, that iv been told was sent three weeks ago, but i hadnt got anything. Are these all games cuz it does sem pretty fast but m feelings are real, so im not sure why im questioning his. I need advice

Three months in and you already don't trust him?

Nobody here can tell you if he's being honest with you or not. I'd suggest trusting him until he gives you a reason not to. If you can't do that, then you should just end it.

He is in the military, this kind of relationship is tougher than most because your together time is limited,i think you should follow Merry's advice and see where it goes.If you keep jumping to conclusions and not talking to him the relationship will not go any further.
    Are you the type of girl that can handle a LDR this is a question you should be asking yourself.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

I don't think he is playing you, but he just might have another gf where he is stationed. They often do.

He also was supposed to send me a larger check to take care of something, that iv been told was sent three weeks ago, but i hadnt got anything.
    Military mail sometimes takes longer than 4-6 weeks. Plus the hurricane on the east cost slowed some things down, but they should be back to normal now. If you don't get the check after 6 weeks, he probably didn't send it. And don't loan him anymore money until you get that first loan paid in full. What kind of crazy person loans money to people they have only seen in person twice?

I never loan my girlfriends money. They need to act like an adult and manage their own money. I don't want to date some child or a mental midgit, I want to date an adult.
    Last edited by bulrush; 16-09-11 at 10:55 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)