+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How long should I wait before I make a offical date

How long should I wait before I make a offical date

I met a girl on a dating site and we have been talking for 3-4 months. We met last saturday and went bowling. Had a good time, and we both agreed we should do something again. I did mess up asking if we were "official" but I was trying to see where we were at, and I explaiend and apoligized. She didnt seem to think it was a big deal.

Anyway we have talked since we hung out that time and our talks are the same. We are trying to find a day to hang ut again, which is a bit difficult with school and work.

I'm wondering how long i should wait before I ask her out to dinner on a date. Not a getting to know you but a actual date.

How many times should I hang out with her before then? Just a couple of times?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Zero.

You should hang out with her zero more times before an actual date.

Call her up, ask her on a date.

really? now?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by george88 View Post
    really? now?
    Yes, really.

What's the difference between hanging out and dating?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by rainydayznnight View Post
    What's the difference between hanging out and dating?
    There's clear romantic intent involved.

Wasn't the bowling "date" a "date?" I certainly would have considered it one if I were her. Mathias is right.. just ask her out for dinner before she gets bored of chatting and nothing more.

P.S. It doesn't have to be "dinner" for it to be a "date" It can be anything you happen to invite her to do...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Wasn't the bowling "date" a "date?" I certainly would have considered it one if I were her. Mathias is right.. just ask her out for dinner before she gets bored of chatting and nothing more.

P.S. It doesn't have to be "dinner" for it to be a "date" It can be anything you happen to invite her to do...
    The thing is.. ok I like this girl and would like to be in a relationship with her, but I think right now shes in the "getting to know you" stage. we have chatte don-line for 4 months but of course being in person is different. If I take her out to dinner and it's a date,, where do I go from there?? I can't ask her to be in a relationship yet because it will still eb to early for her. I DO think she's interetsed but isn't wanting to jump right into it

So you take her out on a date that is a walk in the park and a hotdog from a street vendor. It doesn't matter what you do, you just keep asking her out and getting to know her as you go along. If she's continuing to be intrigued and enjoying getting to know you in the real world and you enjoy her company as well, then you just keep moving it along and advancing the relationship one step at a time. You don't have to ask her to be your girlfriend until you're both sure if you even want to be her boyfriend. You've only had one date and the rest has been chatting online.

Take her on another date even if it's just to hang out at the park or out to get ice cream and feed the ducks or something that you guys like to do.

Good luck.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    So you take her out on a date that is a walk in the park and a hotdog from a street vendor. It doesn't matter what you do, you just keep asking her out and getting to know her as you go along. If she's continuing to be intrigued and enjoying getting to know you in the real world and you enjoy her company as well, then you just keep moving it along and advancing the relationship one step at a time. You don't have to ask her to be your girlfriend until you're both sure if you even want to be her boyfriend. You've only had one date and the rest has been chatting online.

Take her on another date even if it's just to hang out at the park or out to get ice cream and feed the ducks or something that you guys like to do.

Good luck.

thanks. good points

I'm def gonna ask her, and not going to bring up the relationship talk again. just gonna relax and have a good time

I thought the bowling night was a date too...they met online and then they met in person...has all the makings of a date except for the romance part. Call her up and invite her out...and at the end of the night, lean in for a kiss...see how shes reacts