+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are these excuses for her to not hang out with me?

Are these excuses for her to not hang out with me?

so i met a girl on a dating site and we have been chatting for about 3-4 months. we met once last week and had a good time. we both agreed we need to do something soon. she hugged me twice when we were about to leave. i also screwed up nd asked if we were "official" but i apologized and she didnt seem to think it was a big deal

we have chatted since then and have had normal conversations. i have tried to make plans with her twice now but we havent been able to go.

she said that she was way to busy with schoolwork that week and had to work all weekend and the other time she said she will be out of town for a birthday (which she had told me about before)

when she says she cant she just doesnt say no i cant. she also asks questions such as "will it be open besides those days?"
    "is there a different one we could go to?"

do you think she is being serious? or do you think she is just trying to avoid me?

because due to my mistake, I'm afraid I could have scared her off but I feel liek if I did, then she wouldn't be talking to me or aksing about what other days we could go

Georgie: You need to relax and you need to quit putting this girl on a pedestal as if she was the only woman left in the world for you. You barely know her and you're putting far too much thought and concern and angst into your brain about her and I fear you're going to drive yourself nuts.

If you ask her to something first say: "Are you busy on Friday (or the day you want to see her)" If she says why, say you didn't answer the question. If shes busy then ask her when she's free to get together. If after that she makes an exuse then she may be stalling.

I will say by her asking if there is another time to do it she's letting you know that she'd be interested if she were free so just reschedule something with her if she tells you she's busy and let the chips fall where they may. But do calm down and don't put all your emotions into her just yet. It's quite early so pace yourself. This is suppose to be fun .
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Dude it could be a possibility. The only way to find out is to let her pick a night she would be available.I'm surprised she hasn't offered to do that in the first place. It could be avoidance ya.

i know ugh im srry

It's okay we all got all aflutter about this kinda thing at one time or another. Just trying to get you to relax so you won't be tooooo disappointed if this doesn't come together (but it's early yet so don't panic).

Have you talked to her today?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    It's okay we all got all aflutter about this kinda thing at one time or another. Just trying to get you to relax so you won't be tooooo disappointed if this doesn't come together (but it's early yet so don't panic).

Have you talked to her today?
    yes i have. i told her baout this festival thats close by but she's working this weekend.

i do believe her though because she told me last week she would be working, its just if this is an all the time thing, then I'm gonna worry she could be just using it as an excuse. but i figure she will likely be working weekends anyway, so i just need to deal with it. if she doesnt want to see me she would likely just say it.

anyway, theres another fall festival that runs until october so i ran that idea by her to see if she would have interest in that

Quote Originally Posted by george88 View Post
    if she doesnt want to see me she would likely just say it.

Not necessarily....girls don't like confrontation so they make up excuse after excuse hoping you will finally give up and go away.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Not necessarily....girls don't like confrontation so they make up excuse after excuse hoping you will finally give up and go away.
    true but it seems like thsi girl keeps asking if there any other free dates available

Well why not do like I said......make her pick a time. Makes sense don't it?

The way I see it, if it is this difficult to get together for a date, then it will be impossible to have a normal relationship with her. So with that being said, maybe you should be looking elsewhere.