+ Follow This Topic

Thread: umm... h-hi..

umm... h-hi..

umm... im sarah... soharu is my writing name. im kind of shy... and im told i apologize too much. i just dont like it when people hate me... even if theyre not my friend. it makes me sad. i tend to see things differently than most people, and like to believe everyone has a good excuse for actions. i have friends, but am too shy to even talk to boys. i dont know why... i think its because guys have always kind of been... mean to me. its not that i dont do anything wrong... i just... because of my personality im terrified of being rejected, and so i dont do anything. i know its stupid... but ive had boys tell me not to talk to them, and they push me away. ive never told my friends that... but ive always just wanted somebody to tell me im important to them. because i dont believe myself. i can be very silly sometimes, and silly is a weird general kiddish term, i get kind of hyper sometimes. :# i dont try to though. i like to talk to people, i dont get to do that very often. i used to not talk at all, because i didnt know how to talk to people. what to say. its a sad story, but we all have one dont we? everybody has a past, a background, and some people cant leave it behind. if youre ever feeling sad, talk to me. ill send you a picture, i draw pictures for people when they feel sad. they smile... and thats all i need. i like to make people smile. even if im hurting on the inside.

Welcome to the forums. I'm very shy myself. And I don't hate you. We'll get along great
    I love that you want to comfort other people even when you're down yourself. That's admirable. May I ask how old are you?
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Hi, I'm new here too.. from England, I am single and I also run a [URL="http://www.wiseheartdating.co.uk/"]mature dating[/URL] site (link in message). I have considerable relationship experience and been on lots of dates good and bad, I've been in love and had my heart broken and probably broken others hearts, nothing that I'm proud of but life is hard. Hope to post a bit and will try and offer a bit of advice or just contribute to the community.

p.s. I've suffered with anxiety in the past which has led to me being very shy, which has been difficult to deal with as I'm normally quite confident.

p.p.s. I'm male lol

I used to be shy too. Embrace rejection, and get used to it. Then it won't bother you anymore.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I used to be shy too. Embrace rejection, and get used to it. Then it won't bother you anymore.
    ^^^this.

I was painfully shy as a child, thankfully my father would have none of it. If we went out to eat, If I didn't do my own ordering, I got nothing. If I didn't ask for things (ketchup, silverware, whatever) I didn't get it. Broke me of the shyness thing fairly quickly... and bulrush is right. Once you get over being scared of rejection, you're gold.

And guess what? It's not a big deal if somebody rejects you. What's the worst they're going to do? Say no? Big deal, move on.

Being shy can actually be an attraction to some people.

But to overcome it is definitely the better option, small steps are best.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    May I ask how old are you?
    Stop trying to tune the new girl.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Stop trying to tune the new girl.
    Why not?
    For the record, I didn't know that could be interpited as flirting (assuming that's what tune means).

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Why not?
    For the record, I didn't know that could be interpited as flirting (assuming that's what tune means).
    Tune= chat up....It was just for jokes

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Tune= chat up....It was just for jokes
    I thought it was But I wasn't quite sure either. It's not always easy to follow jokes online.

Don't let them scare you off!

they are mischievious, but really very nice. and if you are a shy person then this is a very good way to practice having your say without any social risk. Once you get used to giving others your opinion and getting genuine replies then it is easier to just converse with people without feeling so self conscious. No on here claims to be perfect, and Bulrush is quite right, learn to take a bit of verbal desensitization(or these larrikins being funny) and you will soon feel more confident. Try the self development forum, you will find others like yourself and some sad people you can help , just by acknowledging that someone is reading their posts about how they feel. Don't give up and say hello anytime. Regards, Gypsybell

jil is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    hey guys,this is jill
    yet another greenhorn in this area.heartbreaks as such i have had 1 but thats due to my fault,i kno!!
    reason 4 joinin this forum is bcoz ppl out here realy intend to help eachother nd say their heart out.i kind 'a like this site.and i think makin frnz out here would b a great idea!