+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance Relationship

Long Distance Relationship

I've been talking to this guy for 7 months now. Strictly over the phone and via skype/texts messages. I live in California and he lives in Cleveland. I go to school in Arizona and we met through my roommate (he was a wing-man for my roommate because his bestfriend wanted to talk to her). We've been talking for months and he was supposed to come visit me for my birthday weekend but something came up and plans were cancelled. I'm trying to go visit him in December but plane tickets are 200 dollars and I don't have that kind of money, even though it doesn't sound like much. My family also cannot help me pay for the trip because they are struggling themselves. I don't want to tell the guy I am talking to that I won't be able to afford it because I don't want to hurt him. I don't know what to do, I just want to finally be able to spend time with the guy that I've truly fallen for.. What should I do?

Just forget it. I've yet to see a long distance relationship that actually worked.
    If you don't have the money for the trip just tell him, it's easier than make up things. If you insist, tell him to visit you instead.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

Save up, or if you can't ask him to pay for it, saying that you can't afford it. I fell in love with someone in a long distance relationship and I ended up marrying her because I truly love her and moved to her country.

I'd forget about him... There are plenty of local guys. Why do you need the aggravation?