+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking ... What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    Wow.... George Castanza's mother... is a lunatic ... my mom is a bit better than that
    well I did ask her not to but she said she's gonna invite him anyway .... "if you don't like, don't come downstairs to join us on dinner but keep in mind that you're embarrassing us .... blah ... blah....
    you know what I'm saying here ... It's just a dinner ... I don't have to marry the damned guy I get it now
    This is exactly the horseshit I meant.

In-****ing-tolerable.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You should probably try to adopt a better sense of humor. This poor man would be mortified to know you were so whiny about this.

It's just dinner. You are not obligated to marry him.
    This^. He's THEIR guest. Come to think, YOU are also their guest. Manners, much?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Man! I dunno. ....
    I know she loves me too much... she hates to see me miserable. I tried hard not to show it ....
    and by saying "I'm not coming for dinner if you ever do that again" I might hurt her...
    Mmm, and what's more, she might actually stop looking for suitable mates for her little girl. Just stop stressing and give her a hug for trying. Mum's are like that. And at least you may be sure she has your best interests at heart and an eye for the best quality. She is obviously proud of you. You are obviously not happy being alone or she would not be doing it. Did you give the bloke half a chance?

You know if that what makes her happy.... I can put up with some of those dinners..
    Who knows.... maybe I'll get to meet THE ONE.... I'll ask her to consult it with me next time
    Now that's more like it. A little truth and a little compramise. We are always so touchy and strung up when a relationship breaks up, whatever the reason. Certainly, rushing into another is not ideal, but neither is prolonged brooding over past misery (which effects everyone in our circle and of course they want to 'help'). I don't know if today's lovers are more mature and together about it, but in my day, not getting out and about and meeting other prospects was the worst possible way to deal with it.( Barring death of a partner, which is a different matter) Grieve, by all means, but the best way to get over one man was to get another! And at least the trial and error of the search serves to distract one from the misery concentrated in the past. ONWARD we said, is that old fashioned?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Myself is telling my other self to go make a scene ..so they could enjoy their arranged dinner with a taste of my own venom........God damn you mom and dad ... I really hate you
    You hate your parents because they invited a guy over? Honestly, you should value your parents more because when they are gone you will realise just how much you did, but then it will be too late.

Meeting my parents is always awkward ...

sometimes I just hate being me
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/59353-women-drama-queens.html[/url] Yep, this is for you.

Truth is...

I should've seen the bigger picture here ... before I make a scene
    I don't know how you put up with me people
    Unfortunately we dont have much choice but to put up with your need for attention.

You have redeemed yourself a little with your latter posts on this thread, still, you need to grow up. Alot.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    You hate your parents because they invited a guy over? Honestly, you should value your parents more because when they are gone you will realise just how much you did, but then it will be too late.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/59353-women-drama-queens.html[/url] Yep, this is for you.

Unfortunately we dont have much choice but to put up with your need for attention.

You have redeemed yourself a little with your latter posts on this thread, still, you need to grow up. Alot.
    I do have a lot of family issues. and my life is full of drama....We all have baggage .. y'know ...but I'll keep it down for you.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I do have a lot of family issues. and my life is full of drama....We all have baggage .. y'know ...but I'll keep it down for you.
    I used to be like you, make a drama out of the smallest thing, but I quickly learnt that there really are bigger dramas in life that all the petty crap. How old are you?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    I used to be like you, make a drama out of the smallest thing, but I quickly learnt that there really are bigger dramas in life that all the petty crap. How old are you?
    27 .. "not that there's anything wrong with that"
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

IMO, You could tone down the drama in general Vamp, but don't let the gang make you feel any more guilt ... Your mother has already laid that on you by telling you that you'd embarass her if you didn't show up to dinner when you told her specifically that you were'nt ready to meet this guy. Being angry about that is not being dramatic. Yes you could have sucked it up but why should you have to . Next time don't. Just don't tell this forum that you didn't and leave it at you being an adult who just made a decision for herself. End of.

I suggest you take yourself (and all your many selves if there are more?) away from this thread and just live with less drama and more assertiveness, confidence and decisivness.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wish i had 2 accounts, my credability is all but fckd.....

It's okay... you'll pick up in the back 9...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

mucho lolz....

This place a big joke... I regret joining it in the first place.
    God damn you all for making me look like a troll. I have family issues.. That's it
    We all have baggage....

jesus vampiress, relax. worse things to be called than a troll. who cares, no one knows you, and most of your critics are yanks and canadians. them mofos would still be living in wigwams and have goofy big hats if it wernt for us. haterz gonna hate sister...

I'm going to send out smoke signals that read: "Stop posting to the troll accusations. One denial is enough, after that just lol .. lol .. lol" without replying.

Now, go smokum peace pipe and chill over a Robbie Robbinson CD.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast