+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking ... What do I do?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry to say, but she is allowed to invite whomever she likes to dinner without consulting you. It's HER house.

Sorry you didn't like each other, but your mom sounds sweet to me. She doesn't want you to be alone.... it sounds like she CARES about you. Be glad.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sometimes I just don't get it ........I'm not a mother

(funny how you can make someone calm down......thanks)
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

I personally think your mom's in the wrong here. Yes, it's her house, but trying to interfere in your personal life is just... ugh.

I'd suggest that you let her know that the next she does it, you're not coming for dinner. She does have a right to invite whomever she wishes to her house, but you have a right to your own personal life.

Man! I dunno. ....
    I know she loves me too much... she hates to see me miserable. I tried hard not to show it ....
    and by saying "I'm not coming for dinner if you ever do that again" I might hurt her...
    Last edited by vampiress; 19-09-11 at 08:13 AM.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    Man! I dunno. ....
    I know she loves me too much... she hates to see me miserable. I tried hard not to show it ....
    and by saying "I'm not coming for dinner if you ever do that again" I might hurt her...
    Hey Dear....Why are you making yourself complicated...Relax...
    just think that you had a dinner with some passer-by.
    No need to hurt your mom...
    Currently on my way to Cloud Number 9.....

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy View Post
    Hey Dear....Why are you making yourself complicated...Relax...
    just think that you had a dinner with some passer-by.
    No need to hurt your mom...
    Hope I didn't hurt her after all.... but sometimes I just hate her matchmaking attempts...

Her mom totally ignored the feelings of Vampiress, as if V's feelings don't matter. That is totally rude. Parents should not set up dates for their kids. This is not India.

Besides, I hate blind dates too.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    Hope I didn't hurt her after all.... but sometimes I just hate her matchmaking attempts...
    I think she understood your feelings now....
    so you dont need to worry.....

but she should think twice before doing this attempt....
    Currently on my way to Cloud Number 9.....

Truth is...
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    She doesn't want you to be alone.... it sounds like she CARES about you. Be glad.
    I should've seen the bigger picture here ... before I make a scene
    I don't know how you put up with me people

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I personally think your mom's in the wrong here. Yes, it's her house, but trying to interfere in your personal life is just... ugh.
    Oh, please. The best way to meet someone is through a mutual acquaintance. If vampiress had LIKED this guy, I doubt very much she would have been complaining about her mom "interfering". Why encourage her to be so uptight over this? It was ONE DINNER, and it's not like vampiress was left alone to entertain him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You should be very forward sexually with him. At the dinner table tell him how hot he is, and how you can't wait to see what he's like in the sack. Just act like a total whore, and make your mother sorry, without making a scene.

Oh, please. The best way to meet someone is through a mutual acquaintance. If vampiress had LIKED this guy, I doubt very much she would have been complaining about her mom "interfering". Why encourage her to be so uptight over this? It was ONE DINNER, and it's not like vampiress was left alone to entertain him.
    You'd be ok with your mom blindsiding you with an unsolicited date?

I sure as hell wouldn't.

Oh and why be uptight? Because now her mom thinks it's ok to do it again.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh and why be uptight? Because now her mom thinks it's ok to do it again.
    So? Maybe next time, she will like the guy, and even if she doesn't, she gets a free dinner, after which she is free to escape ASAP.

You'd be ok with your mom blindsiding you with an unsolicited date?

I sure as hell wouldn't.
    Dinner at your mom's house is NOT a date. It's an introduction.
    Last edited by vashti; 20-09-11 at 04:28 AM.

Well, you go right ahead and accept that controlling crap from your mom if you want to. Personally I don't like mine, and choose not to associate with her so it's not an issue for me. 'course, with my mom if she met my wife and didn't like her, she'd try some shit like that, LOL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast