+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking ... What do I do?

Matchmaking ... What do I do?

Well, I need advice here! I've been off the dating world about 4 month now...
    I visit my parents every weekend . But this time the mother surprises me with a matchmaking move.. Ignoring my plea(s) {I don't wanna...I'm not ready... I need time... I wanna be left alone now} she already invited the guy (they're trying to set me up with) over for dinner Sunday night... now what do I do? How can I probably escape this stupid situation without embarrassing everyone (the guy, my parents, their friends)... Seriously shall I escape first thing in the morning?! ... Help?!
    Last edited by vampiress; 18-09-11 at 11:11 AM.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Myself is telling my other self to go make a scene ..so they could enjoy their arranged dinner with a taste of my own venom........God damn you mom and dad ... I really hate you
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Just go, get a free meal. You don't have to marry the guy or anything. Maybe you'll be surprised.

Man!... this is awkward ... do I look like a pity date to them?... I'm perfectly happy on my own...I didn't ask for this!

Haha. Just remember they are probably not doing it to embarrass you...probably doing it because they think it will make you happy. Whatever their reasons are, just go and try to enjoy it as best you can. I'm sure they will be embarrassing at some point, but just try to keep it cool and keep your mind open. Who knows, maybe this dude will be the man of your dreams? And if so, at least you got the awkwardness of meeting your parents out of the way!

And if so, at least you got the awkwardness of meeting your parents out of the way!
    Meeting my parents is always awkward ...

sometimes I just hate being me

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why so dramatic? It's just dinner, and I take it you are single? Why are you acting like the sky is falling?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Because mom and dad should probably mind their own businesses ... I'm visiting this stupid house of lunatics every weekend so I could get to spend some quality time with my sister .... I don't wanna be set up for a blind date....

I gotta go and see what happens ...........

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should probably try to adopt a better sense of humor. This poor man would be mortified to know you were so whiny about this.

It's just dinner. You are not obligated to marry him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Go for it! What have you got to lose?
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    Meeting my parents is always awkward ...

sometimes I just hate being me
    Overdramatic much?

Your life in incredibly tame compared to most people. Yet you think everything is a huge disaster.

Relax a little.

Mom invited the guy over for dinner... (our own house) without even discussing it with me ...Bah... big deal...
    He's gone now ..... I don't think he even liked me ... it made me feel awkward... and pitiful...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is that house yours? Or your mom's?

It's the parents house
    she (mom) invited a guy over for dinner sunday night along with a friend ... but the main topic was setting me up with him for a date.
    I visit them every weekend ... but she turned my visit into a blind date.... sorry if I sounded like a whinny bitch

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast