+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm too shy so things died out!?!?

I'm too shy so things died out!?!?

Hello everyone,
    I'm a shy person, and this appears to be a huge problem when trying to develop a romantic relationship with someone. In the past I dated a guy who explained to me that the reason for our break-up was that I appeared cold and distant towards him. Since that relationship, I've been trying to loosen up but apparently it has happened again.
    For the past two months I've been talking to this man who I'm currently very interested in (I've known him for over a year though). At first I believed that it was going to be more of a summer flirty relationship but he kept hinting towards a possible future. We would talk almost everyday and we've hung out one-on-one a handful of times. A little over a week ago things started to change, but it was more of an overnight change than a gradual change. Needless to say, I'm more than confused over the situation. I don't know if he got tried of having to take the initiative or if it was perhaps all just a summer flirt after all!?!
    If he doesn't contact me do I contact him!?! Do I just let things be and see him when I see him (we have friends in common and that's how we met and how I'll probably see him again if anything) !?!

Do you want to contact him? Do you want him to contact you? Would you like to have some kind of a future with this man?

If so, why not call him?

If your relationship did not work that good then try having friends with him...be yourself on talking to him contact him if you really love him.. Good luck

If he doesn't contact me do I contact him!?! Do I just let things be and see him when I see him (we have friends in common and that's how we met and how I'll probably see him again if anything) !?!
    Of course you do, silly! Call him, or he'll assume you are not interested.

He changed probably because he perceives you as distant and not interested in him. Time to stoke the fires, girl! Take a chance, and go for it! No risk, no reward. [Add other encouraging sayings here.]
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thanks guys,
    Yeah I think I'm going to contact him sometime this week. We had made plans to have dinner this Sunday before things got all weird so I guess that's something to talk about. If he blows me off then I'll see him when I see him. It's just so confusing to go from talking almost everyday and acting like you like someone to ignoring them form one day to another. "/ I'll definitely try to show that I'm interested in him and see what happens ")

Make a REAL effort to contact him 3 times, before giving up.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)