+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in a type?

Do you believe in a type?

I have come to the realization that I do indeed have a "type" of guy that I date. I always seem to go for the really fun, a little crazy, cocky, guy who all of his buddies love to hang out with type. Yet they never seem to return affection, or are just jerks. But I don't think that they all are. I feel that I will never find someone good enough if I do not change this, or stop falling for guys like these.

Any advice ? Thanks in advance

Advice? Yeah.

Stop it.

Try finding one that isn't a sociopath.

I've seen your type of woman before. You want a guy to be cocky and funny, but that's not all you want:

--you want him to be desired by other women but monogamous.
    --you wanr him to be a traditional man and accept the fact that you refuse to act like a traditional woman.
    --you want him to be an alpha male but not macho.
    --you want him to be successful but have his life revolve around you.
    --you want him to be wonderful in bed but willing to take your repeated rejections of sex without a problem.

and etcetera. You have impossible and picky standards that no guy can come close to filling. If you do not broaden your taste in men you'll end up like those bitter women at the loveshack forums who can't go five posts without expressing their hatred in men.

"you want him to be a traditional man and accept the fact that you refuse to act like a traditional woman"- and what does a traditional woman act like? really?

A traditional woman values a man's personality over his status; isn't sarcastic or overly picky; doesn't scream sexism over every little thing; and doesn't complain about all men being jerks or too nice.

Traditional women like in the 1950's who didn't marry men because of their status? hmmm....anyways thanks for exposing issues (not all mine).

They are all your issues. I know your type.

and you just love to put MY type in place don't you? no anger there I guess

We can draw certain types of people toward us (or we are drawn to them), but just as importantly: we can often enable significant others to act selfishly.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by James Banes View Post
    A traditional woman values a man's personality over his status; isn't sarcastic or overly picky; doesn't scream sexism over every little thing; and doesn't complain about all men being jerks or too nice.
    Not sure why this being labelled 'traditional'. Isn't this just a nice, easygoing woman?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Not sure the advice you want. The type of guy your attracted to isnt working out.

One thing I can say is once you enter your 30s, what seemed important before doesn't mean shit anymore

If you don't get what you need from guys you are attracted to, date other types of guys. No matter what "type" of guy you date, some are nice, but most appear to be jerks, or at least, very immature and unaware of women's needs. And if you don't stop dating these unfulfilling guys, you will never be happy.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Surfhb: I hope so! I can't wait to get into my 30's. I would want to enjoy my 20's more, but ever since I turned 25 and with my friends getting engaged, I feel that it's just this much harder for me to enjoy my 20's and wait for someone better to come along. So I guess I would want to work on enjoying myself more now.

Well I have dated different types of guys and no it doesn't always end with me not liking them because "they are too nice". I guess I still feel bad for being attracted to yes, the "alpha male" types, or the young ones that try to become that.

Oh well! thank you for the positive advice everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden10 View Post
    and you just love to put MY type in place don't you? no anger there I guess
    Its pretty much everyones style to have a particular type of 'ideal' physically and mentally, unfortunatel we don't often get the blend of both together. Nothing wrong with being attracted, just be a little more analytical of what YOU want from him before getting involved. The Tooya is right, You permit them to be takers instead of givers if you try too hard to fit their pattern in order to attract. They are limelighters and that requires their women to take a back seat, usually. It's you who has to change because they never will. Maybe you'll grow out of that type in time,(you are questioning the wisdom staying with it, that's a good start) party animals are very wearing long term.

I believe in preferences......in this case your logical mind tells you that the cocky guy is gonna be a jerk some day....but women do not follow their logical mind like men do......that's why so many of you have unhealthy relationships out there...try something new.....just try it...the guy that you normally wouldn't consider in dating because he is shy for example....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast