+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Family problems

Family problems

I just recently broke up with my fiancee who works abroad. It was a long distance relationship and in the 10 months I've known him, i've only seen him in person for about 30 days. Anyways, he broke up with me, and through EMAIL, how insulting. I just want to know if anyone thinks that these reasons are viable.

- I didn't call his aunt who had surgery.

- I haven't visited his family in 2 months but we talk on the phone.( they didn't bother to visit us either)

- I didn't go to his cousin's wedding

He thinks I don't care about his family and that i should give them more attention. Due to this, he concluded that our views about family are different.

Are these reasons to break up with someone whom u wanted to spend the rest of ur life with. At first I said it's his loss and I was a second priority. Then, I started to think that maybe I didn't do enough.

What do u guys think? I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

I think being engaged after knowing someone only 10 months is rediculous. Either way, he broke up with you for those reasons, so it doesn't matter what we think. And family views are a perfectly legit reason to break up, if you don't see eye to eye, it would be a lifetime of battles.

Sorry, but I understand that reason completely and it makes sense. But its likely you haven't told us the whole story.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley