+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She broke it off and wanted to get back together. Possibly pregnant?

She broke it off and wanted to get back together. Possibly pregnant?

Hi Ladies,

Not sure where to put this, but would really appreciate some insight into this.

Girlfriend abruptly wanted to break up last week Tuesday (I posted about it loveforum.net/ask-female-forum/59109-love-but-we-broke-up-really-confused-why.html) but she wanted to get back together again the next day to which I agreed as we haven't had any disgareements or arguments in our relationship.

We've had sex a couple of times since then so I'm pretty certain things are far from over. Here's the thing though, her period is late so naturally she is very scared and worried.

Including the day when she started to have her last period and including today, its now 31 days. She says she is fairly regular at 28 days with a tendency to be a little early sometimes at 25 days. She's been late before but very very rarely.

In the past month, we have had sex every weekend but I have ALWAYS used a condom and don't get near her until I've put it on. It has not broken and not leaked to my knowledge as I always tie it and then wrap it in a tissue to discard.

She's complained of sore breasts two nights ago so she's displaying some pregnancy symptoms. We went and bought a pregnancy test last night which she tried using this morning. She called me to say it say it said error so she must have used it incorrectly.

This is the first relationship for both of us so we're new to all of this so I would appreciate it if you ladies could shed some light on her odds of pregnancy.

I'll be heading out to buy another pregnancy test for her and drop it off tonight after work, but that is still another 6 hours away. Are there any obvious symptoms we should be aware of?

Another thing is I have at the back of my mind, would the reason she wanted to get back together the next day be because she knows she could be pregnant?
    If it turns out to be a false alarm, would she then leave again?

Firstly, stop buying her testing kits. if she fckd up the first one, she either retarded or pulling your pisser.
    Secondly, change your phone number, last name, address etc.
    Thirdly, stop acting gay.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    Firstly, stop buying her testing kits. if she fckd up the first one, she either retarded or pulling your pisser.
    Secondly, change your phone number, last name, address etc.
    Thirdly, stop acting gay.
    Wow.........

First, make sure you buy relatively cheap tests because its not likely shes pregnant, unless its someone elses.
    Day 31 is okay, and normal sometimes in fact, especially when theres stress involved, for example the stress of a broken relationship.
    When shes late a week or two, then start to panic.
    It sounds like shes using this "possible pregnancy" as an excuse to hold you tight to her.

Also how the heck do you F one up? You pee on it and dont touch it for a few minutes. Not that hard.

"Also how the heck do you F one up? You pee on it and dont touch it for a few minutes. Not that hard."

I believe it says "error" if the baby is black.
    Think ive gone too far with that shit, lol

Thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    First, make sure you buy relatively cheap tests because its not likely shes pregnant, unless its someone elses.
    Well that's one mistake I made there. I asked her if she wanted a regular one or digital and she said digital which was the Clear Blue 99% accurate one that even shows x time since conception.
    There is no doubt about whose it could be. Given the amount of time we're on the phone, she tells me her whereabouts and movements

Day 31 is okay, and normal sometimes in fact, especially when theres stress involved, for example the stress of a broken relationship.
    I was reading online and the general concensus was that for some people, one or two days could be significant if she is normally like clockwork. I'm worried as she says she's 25 or 28 days. Prove me wrong?

It sounds like shes using this "possible pregnancy" as an excuse to hold you tight to her.
    Why? It doesn't make sense as she was saying she wants to concentrate on her studies so wanted to break it off less than 7 days ago.

Also how the heck do you F one up? You pee on it and dont touch it for a few minutes. Not that hard.
    She said she peed on it for longer than 5 seconds. She said she read the instructions afterwards and it said it had to be exactly 5 seconds.

Prove you wrong? I am a chick. I am like clockwork. I start every 27th day. I have been about four days late before and started my period like normal, a few times. When I talked to my gyno, they said its fine and could be attributed to several different things.
    Also the tests need at least five seconds of urine, you cant **** it up by continuing to pee on it.
    I hope for the good of humanity shes not knocked up, reading the instructions after with an expensive test? wow

lol, she did the test then read the instructions.? get away from this woman before she gets you killed, or worse, married....

Prove you wrong? I am a chick. I am like clockwork. I start every 27th day. I have been about four days late before and started my period like normal, a few times. When I talked to my gyno, they said its fine and could be attributed to several different things.
    Also the tests need at least five seconds of urine, you cant **** it up by continuing to pee on it.
    I hope for the good of humanity shes not knocked up, reading the instructions after with an expensive test? wow
    I'm not sure how she stuffed it up either but all she said was that it said error after peeing on it too long.
    How else can one stuff it up?
    I realise I may not have painted her in the best light, but she did read the instructions before the test. What I meant was that it was only after the test did she realise the instructions said exactly five seconds.

The facts are, you used a condom which you're positive didnt leak, and shes only been late a few days, which isnt cause to worry yet. theres plenty of reason she hasnt started, including stress, weight gain, fatigue etc. Also the sooner she takes the test to her missed period, the harder it is for the test to spot hCG. So its best to wait a while, give it at least a week before testing again. Im sure she'll start within that time.

I have some comments. I don't want to worry you....but, since you're asking.... Sore breasts are a sign of pregnancy....when I became pregnant I was also really emotional in those early days and almost broke it off with my boyfriend a few times before I worked out what was going on. I since heard that this is normal. The hormones drive you crazy. It's nothing to do with you.
    I don't think she knows that's she's pregnant. She wouldn't be getting you to buy her another test if she did. It's also common to not get a clear answer, but I can't remember why. I do remember reading about it on the kit though, so I know it does happen.
    If you are concerned about her lying to you or whatever, why don't you ask to hang around while you do the test together. They are more accurate in he mornings, so if you can't be there just see if she can keep the stick to show you.
    It could all be a false alarm, so....don't get too worked up by it. Here is nothing you or she will achieve by worrying right now.... I don't know how many times I've driven myself crazy about worrying htt I was pregnant, when I really wasn't. So best not to worry about it too much if you can help it...

Sore breasts are also a symptom of imminent menstruations, as are "crazy hormones". Most of the early symptoms of pregnancy are actually the same as the ones that come before having a period, so you can't really rely on those to determine whether she's pregnant or not. It's normal to be a few days late from time to time, especially under stress. Don't worry unless she doesn't get her period before 7-10 days from when she was supposed to. Keep us posted on how the second test goes.

errr .. the original post was dated sep 2011. if she was pregnant, she might have given birth by now (:

Hahah, I only just noticed XD!