+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too much long term qualities at a young age.

Too much long term qualities at a young age.

Is confidence, attractive, honesty, integrity, educated, a car, treating a woman right and being a gentleman not enough for young woman around my age? I’m 22.

Don’t like drinking very much and dislike clubbing. Considering that’s what most people do at my age. That puts me in the minority.

Could it be that I have too much long term qualities? Rather than Mr. right now.

I find myself thinking similarly from time to time. I don't find the whole club scene as attractive as my peers. One just has to keep doing what one enjoys until something works out I suppose.

Your head is in a good place right now...I am very similar to you as I don't go clubbing but I am focused on more long term goals...Do what you gotta do because it will pay off in the end....

Don't lower yourself to the standards you think is going to attract chicks. Believe me, if you keep on the straight and narrow, only good things can happen. Don't let wild nights out 'clubbing' destroy everything you've made for yourself. Think about it, do YOU want to be with a slutty party chick or would you rather be with somebody who is smart, who has great potential to be successful herself, and is responsible and respectable?

I said to myself I will throw out these last batch of messages on a dating site and if nothing comes out of it, oh well. Going into college with a girlfriend might not be the best idea and have got plans to crush my student debt within a year and a half after graduating.

Now I come across this wonderful lady and she holds a lot of the qualities I look for in a woman. From past experience I've really took control of my emotions and didn't let myself get excited till this lady starts showing extreme interest in me, this increased my confidence some more and she wants her next relationship to be long term. After our first date, she's gone from hot to cold with sending sweet messages. I doubt I did anything wrong on the date, I showed a sexual interest in her and we did not take it far at all (no oral or intercourse). For some reason I felt set up with what she had told me before meeting and I was telling her we should take it slow. I asked her out on the date ( I knew it was a stupid idea ) but said to myself well what do I got too loose? She said we should go by what I had said to her question before we met. I agreed.

Was checking out my competition and I've got a car, a college education, 3 years life experience over this guy. She told me she's only dated people who had high school or dropped out. It would be nice to win a great girl. On the other hand I will have wonderful options for woman once I graduate, build more mass and move out on my own. I'd probably laugh if she picked a 19 year old over myself, that would mean she's either lying to herself or not telling the truth when it comes to looking for a long term partner. Oh well not much I can do, my coin's already been flipped.

Don't lower yourself to the standards you think is going to attract chicks. Believe me, if you keep on the straight and narrow, only good things can happen. Don't let wild nights out 'clubbing' destroy everything you've made for yourself. Think about it, do YOU want to be with a slutty party chick or would you rather be with somebody who is smart, who has great potential to be successful herself, and is responsible and respectable?
    I've been tough on my decision for about 3 years now so it's pointless to cave in now. I could never date a slutty party chick, too much drama and I'm not even near their level. I would always pick the one who is smart, has great potential to be successful herself, and is responsible and respectable. It makes sense to me and we have a lot more compatibility.

Thanks for the bit of encouragement, much appreciated.

Date older women. You'll find a lot of more common ground there.

its good you are what ya are, why dont you focus on somthing else rather then girls right now, maybe work on getting your 1st home or doing some investments, after all the party people blow all their hard earned low paying jobs money or mom and dads monet there you will be sitting high on the hog when they really see the light.

or go out once a week enjoy dinner at the bar and a drink, become a regular at some place. we all enjoy eating, why no try that. also older women like what you have to offer but i say focus on somthing else until ya run into somthing thats focused on you.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 22-09-11 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elny1 View Post
    Date older women. You'll find a lot of more common ground there.
    True. Since broadening my horizons by delving deeper into older women my love life has been much happier. One woman I am in love with is ten years older than me and we share a shitload together. I have more in common with her than most women my age.

Older women you say, I'm sure we would get along great. I've been swinging my bat at these women and yet no luck.

I'm judged right away by my age on this dating site. I'm starting to think that these woman don't want an actual guy, they are waiting for someone perfect... that has the looks of an handsome actor, great career and a 6 six pack.
    Perhaps online isn't for me, don't have any problems meeting and talking to women in real life.

or go out once a week enjoy dinner at the bar and a drink, become a regular at some place. we all enjoy eating, why no try that.
    That's a good idea, I've never treated myself to dinner or say movies while being just by myself. It would probably feel weird after a while but at least that still gives me a chance to meet people and being by myself would probably make woman feel less intimidated if they were the one to approach.
    I'm more of a homebody when I'm not hanging with my friends.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only problem with older women is that they're that much closer to their prime baby making years than you are.

Find someone your age, enjoy the freedom your success has brought you.

Hth is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You sound like a guy that women who want to find serious relationships will fall for, find real women instead of the ones haven't grown up .