+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 23 years old never kissed a girl....

23 years old never kissed a girl....

Well..to begin with..I'm a 23 year old guy..and I have never dated, had sex or kissed a girl before...its was not by choice or religion...it just never happened...I did approach women, but never could manage getting out of the friend zone. The fact that I have always been rejected is somewhat affecting my self esteem, and it's very hard for me to approach with confidence right now.

I don't know if it's my personality or my appearance, but something is wrong ...

Everyone says that I am very intelligent, mature and responsible but it's not enough..

How can I get this confidence back?

Don't worry man. I'm around your age and I haven't kissed a girl either, also never dated.

hey....i shud tell u im a very hot girl as well but guys almost never approcah me as well...i havnt kiised in two yers either...lol...if thats what makes u feel better. but then yes if its bothering u that much than maybe there is something ur doing which is not right...or just something...so im a very helpful person n if u need to talk more about it and have more girl advice m always there...all the best btw

Don't be so hard on yourself. How about posting a picture of yourself that we can critique? Girls want good-looking men, not responsible men. That's their first attraction. For a casual relationship, only looks matter, since the girls don't expect to be with them long. For a serious relationship, responsibility matters more than looks.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Atlas, don't be so hard on yourself. As a teen I felt so awkward and nerdy, like I had not two, but three left feet. And the words that came out of my mouth when I spoke to girls was like some foreign language - I was tongue-tied and had no idea what to say. I was painful and pitiful!

It wasn't until I was in my mid-twenties that I was able to reach my stride. I started to feel confident about my job and my hobbies, and that confidence and happiness translated over into my love life. It exploded from there. It also didn't hurt that I accentuated the best parts of my physical appearance and downplayed the weaknesses. What I would do is this...

* Do something or learn something new and become great at it! New-found confidence in one area will do wonders for other areas.

* Talk to a trusted female friend or female relative and ask what improvements could be made physically. It could be a fashion change or a new hair style. Or maybe it's as simple as dieting or working out. Don't be stubborn to their suggestions - be open to what they have to say and tell them to be achingly honest.

* Get out and meet women! Even if you're 23 and fat and bald, 99 out of 100 may be turned off by your physical appearance, but you never know when you'll meet that 1 out of hundred who would go nuts over you.

* Play it cool when approaching women. Be like James Bond. Play it smooth, smile and play it confident and slightly mysterious. Never like like you're desperate or needy. Ask them for their phone number. If they don't give it to you, act like it's no big deal and don't be frazzled and move on. If they do, call them up 4-5 days later (remember, don't act desperate) and ask them out on a date.

On that last note, it can take practice to get decent at talking with girls. The first couple of encounters will feel awkward and may or probably end up in failure - DON'T SWEAT IT AND DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN. Have an attitude that you have nothing to lose, and it will be easier. These are learning experiences. There are plenty of women out there, so it doesn't matter if you "lose" the first few you hit on. Good luck!

If that's you on the photo ( needs zooming though, I must say) I will kiss you

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mala View Post
    hey....i shud tell u im a very hot girl as well but guys almost never approcah me as well...i havnt kiised in two yers either...lol...if thats what makes u feel better. but then yes if its bothering u that much than maybe there is something ur doing which is not right...or just something...so im a very helpful person n if u need to talk more about it and have more girl advice m always there...all the best btw
    are you under 15?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself. How about posting a picture of yourself that we can critique? Girls want good-looking men, not responsible men. That's their first attraction. For a casual relationship, only looks matter, since the girls don't expect to be with them long. For a serious relationship, responsibility matters more than looks.

Ok...here is the link for some better quality pictures: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/65310156@N07/]Flickr: alex_mephisto's Photostream[/url]

I know physical attractions counts the most....and I know I am not great looking but I don't think I am undatable either....as for being responsible...well..it's just what I am....I don't act like that for anybody....

wow ok I doubt looks are a contributing factor

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    You just need to make a move. Next time you have a girl alone with you, try to casually reach in for a kiss.

Wow....that's how you get maced here in USA....at least....hahahah.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You just need to make a move. Next time you have a girl alone with you, try to casually reach in for a kiss.
    Oh dear God.

Not if you do it right. If you're hanging out with a girl and you like her, you've gotta bust a move at some point. Think of all that time you wasted on idle chit-chat with all the girls you were ever interested in. You're 23 and you've never kissed not one of them! It's time to man up and pucker up, seriously.

Believe me...I tried leaning in for a kiss a couple of times.....I just never got that " you can kiss me now" signal.....the women I approached were not interested....

Based off of your posts, I think you are either really hesitant or shy. Do you approach attractive women often? How many dates do you go on every month? How many different girls do you date a month? That number can't be very high.

Well...I never dated...but I do approach women....right now about 2 or 3 a week....

I do approach attractive women...but I don't have high standards....I avoid approaching the too pretty ones...