+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asian American women refusing to date Asian men

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    who knows,
    i only just found out that chinese people were asian.
    and they are usually white or yellow.
    im staying out of this thread before i say something racist.
    Its a minfield these days, you cant say anything.
    meh, the most racists people in the US are the ethnic minorities lol

Quote Originally Posted by ms_law View Post

And personality cannot be lumped up into ethnicity, that's just plain stereotypical and flat out prejudice.
    LMAO. It is funny how you are pointing out the prejudice of others while you are making your own prejudiced assumption about ethnic minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillypond View Post
    LMAO. It is funny how you are pointing out the prejudice of others while you are making your own prejudiced assumption about ethnic minorities.
    She must know every ethnic minority in the United States.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Asian women are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Asian women are overrated.
    Yeah, they have moostaches , mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    Yeah, they have moostaches , mostly.
    Those aren't Asian women; they are ladyboys.

If you're talking about self-hate then yeah. Since alotta minorities would prefer to get white than their own. They also tend to hate each other. However, you forget the fact that whites have the most hate groups in this country.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've encountered more racism from black people than white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I've encountered more racism from black people than white people.
    I've met black people who would say the same thing about Asians, whites, Arabs, Middle Easterners, Latinos, etc. It really doesn't go anywhere to generalize your experience and use it to support stereotype.

As far as the OP goes, you have to realize Asian society is diverse and you're liable to have different perspectives. I'm 75% white, 25% black and I've dated Asian women with varying degrees of perspectives.

When it comes to racism from Asians to blacks, I've encountered a bit:

At a company potluck my Chinese co-workers were willing to give Chinese recipes to white coworkers but not black; an old Filipina woman never had a problem with me dating a Filipina but once she saw an Filipina dating a black guy she said the girl should date within her race; I've seen a video where Thai women said they wouldn't date anyone darker than a pale-skinned white; a Korean manager for an Italian restaurant said he wouldn't hire blacks; etc.

I've encountered racism from Asians to whites: Even though I'm 25% black, I look all white, and my first Asian girlfriend, a Chinese girl, jokingly said her family would approve of 75% of me but not the remaining 25%; there are times when I've been treated with crappy service in Asian restaurants, while Asian patrons who came later were treated like royalty; many Asian women here in Chicago have said they are very much against Asian men dating white girls; my friend came back from South Korea with a black eye because he got beaten up by street thugs who didn't like the idea of a white guy with a Korean woman; etc.

I've also encountered racism against Asians by Asians: I've worked at two different jobs with a majority Asian staff and in both cases I've heard Asians grumble there were too many Asians working there; the first time I heard the word Ch**k was from Koreans; in Japan, I've heard businessmen say they'd be disgusted if their daughter married a Korean or Chinese; I've met Asian women in the Bay Area who delight in saying they'd never date an Asian guy; etc.

Hopefully, no one thinks I'm picking on Asians. I'm just showing the people spouting about racism that it takes a variety of forms and its not good to generalize from a few experiences. There is racism from everyone. Even whites against whites. I lost count the number of times I was in London and the Eastern Europeans said they were disgusted that there were too many Slavs in England.

OP, you're bound to meet a variety of people and opinions. It isn't right to just generalize. Some non-Asian men I've met said they generally didn't find Asian women attractive because their bodies don't have curves, but changed their minds once they dated one or two. Other non-Asian men I've met said they originally thought Asian women were submissive, but changed their minds once they found out how bossy many of them can be.

OP, just broaden your horizons and don't feel discouraged. Many people who date outside their race said originally they didn't plan to do so. I know that was the case with me when I first dated an Asian girl. I also know that's the case with a neighbor of mine who has been married to a Chinese man for five years now and says she's happier with him than with any other man she's been with(she's a white woman who dated whites, blacks, and Latinos before him). Just look out there, man. Stop being a goof and worrying what a few are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    It's because we (white guys) have bigger dicks.

LMAO. i wouldn't know.
    I'm a guy. All I know is when I buy underwear from Hong Kong or China, the front pouch is way too small. I love the underwear, it just doesn't fit right, and is barely suitable for the American male body. One pair looked to be made for a woman, not a man. Not kidding. I thought I ordered the wrong thing, or they sent me the wrong thing. I checked the enclosed label and it was for a man.

Message to Asian underwear makers: If you sell to the US market, make the damn front pouches bigger!
    Last edited by bulrush; 26-09-11 at 10:21 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I'm a guy. All I know is when I buy underwear from Hong Kong or China, the front pouch is way too small. I love the underwear, it just doesn't fit right, and is barely suitable for the American male body. One pair looked to be made for a woman, not a man. Not kidding. I thought I ordered the wrong thing, or they sent me the wrong thing. I checked the enclosed label and it was for a man.

Message to Asian underwear makers: If you sell to the US market, make the damn front pouches bigger!
    Why the f*ck would you order asian underwear online.

When he said "I buy underwear from Hong Kong or China" he probably meant made in those places. As virtually all underwear sold in the U.S. is from Asia.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by James Banes View Post
    When he said "I buy underwear from Hong Kong or China" he probably meant made in those places. As virtually all underwear sold in the U.S. is from Asia.
    He said "ordered".

Why you would order underwear is beyond me.

Yeah, he did say ordered. I didn't see that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast