+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No Contact Question...

No Contact Question...

Once you make the decision to start NC with an ex, what's the best way to handle it? As in, I know we don't owe our exes anything after they broke up with us but should we let them know that we won't be talking to them at all anymore as well as possibly the reasons why? Or, do you think it's best to sort of just go "cold turkey" with them & just sort of disappear like a ninja with zero explanation given?

My ex lately has been contacting me every single day even though I've told him I have zero interest in being just friends with him & I've asked him not to contact me ever at all unless he's actually serious about wanting to reconcile with me. It's like he just pretends he doesn't even hear me say that though as he just keeps on sending me these stupid "hi, hope you're having a good day" type texts. Sometimes he'll even text me "please call me" & then when I call him back he doesn't even answer or call me back!! It's like he doesn't even want to actually talk on the phone to me but just wants to see if he can get me to call him I guess? I feel like he's really jerking me around & it's driving me nuts! Which of the going NC "methods" I described above do you think would be best for dealing with a situation like mine?

Just go NC and stick to it. You already told him not to contact you unless it's to talk about reconciliation so you don't need to explain yourself any further.

He will keep doing what he's doing because he is getting the result he wants (a reaction from you) go NC and don't respond, don't call etc. and eventually he will get the message

Agreed, just text him once, (if you already haven't done so)

"Unless you want to be with me, dont contact me..ever."

After that if he texts you stupid little texts as 'hi how is your day going?' Type of texts, then just ignore it. He is just looking to see if you stick to your word, see if you can resist him sort of thing.
    If he wants to actually talk about you two getting back together then see what he has to say, if you are interested.
    Good luck!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Block him, don't call him, move on.......but first tell him to go fu ck himself and to leave you alone.

No reason to explain that you don't want him to contact you unless he is serious about reconciling. You have already done that ad he is disrespecting you but continuing to contact you over trivial things. He has no regard for your feelings and he is one of those guys who want to keep the ex aroudn so that they can validate themselves whenever they feel like it.

He is jerking you around in order to keep you hooked and get a little confidence boost everytime you react/respond to his attempts at contacting you.

Call your phone operator and ask them to block his number, block his email address, if you are using FB defriend and block him. No Contact is integral to healing from a break up.

Thank you very much for your input everyone.

Sounds to me he is using u as an ego boost. I may be wrong obviously but thats how i see it.

So yeah i say as well go cold and move on

All the best

sadie_genie Guest
    Why do you want to get back with an ex? The minute you break up with someone, you should start to cleanse him out of your life and your mind. Go date other guys and then if he calls or texts, you tell him if he doesn't back off he is going to get it from the strong men you are dating.

I had two major break ups in the past. I always went cold turkey. But maybe that was just the way I felt I could cope with the break up.
    In this case, it is going to be hard to get away, so to speak. He doesn't respect the fact that you want to heal and move on. And I know you would like to be more than friends, maybe he is confused about what he wants? So, he is trying to keep that line of communication with you. I would probably try my best to ignore him, even though it is hard right now. He would probably benefit from the cold turkey method as well. He needs space, too. Even if he doesn't realize it. Good luck.