+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flirting @ softball

Flirting @ softball

Sorry for the epic post here....Tonight was our first set of adult coed league softball games; we play the same team 2 games in a row and it ends up being about 2 hours worth of fun with bats and balls for an evening.

I should probably begin with the fact that I can talk to anyone/everyone, if you put me in a room with 20 people I don't know, I will at least speak with 17 of them but I'll know all their names.

So we start playing and the other team seems pretty friendly and nice and, like I do, I start talking to everyone. As the game progresses I realize that I have this total flirt/interaction thing going on with the pitcher. I'm talking flirting while playing both offensively and defensively.

Anyway, we ended up losing both games but it was a total blast and I really wanted to go talk to the pitcher afterward. Except, that didn't work out as our team captain wanted to "talk" about the game. As we're having our little post-game pow-wow Pitcher walks by and goes slower until he gets my attention and tells me bye (or something like that). So I tell him to have a good night and we smile at each other and he walks by.

Now I'm hoping I'll catch him in the parking lot, well he was there but he was talking to someone and one of the girls on my team followed me out to my car and wanted to chat. Not helpful, cock- blocker. HA! Anyway, since that failed he gets in his car and drives by and smiles/waves at me, so I smiled and waved back.

Softball is on again next week: he plays the set of early games and I play the set of late games on adjacent fields. So, I'm thinking I should show up a little early and maybe go over to the field he's playing, but I don't know, I'm not even sure he'd notice me again? There's no escaping me on the same field. HA!

I have an opening to talk to him too, he said his birthday was coming up so I can ask about that. And while this was a super long story I guess my question is should I show up early and watch a bit of his game? What could it hurt right?

yeah,show up early . take pom poms

You really should show more interest at the next game by talking to him more, or you might lose him. Get his name and number and the next game. Then start talking more by phone. Or email at least.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)