+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Your Opinion Matters. Females or Males.

Your Opinion Matters. Females or Males.

First of all let me start by saying I am a guy. And I grew up with basically with my mother and 2 older sisters. I guess you could say I have a sensitive side. With that being said....I understand where you females are comming from and I know it can be confusing when a guy ignores you after showing that he was interested in you, but then doesn't speak to you or communicate. The thing is with that, majority of guys...hate to say it because I am one...but from what I learned is that some guys are just in it for the sex.......I'm not saying i am that type...Cause im not and it doesnt even cross my mind first when i think about the girl I like...The thing is...well i'll tell you my story. Below is the story I posted on Yahoo Answers.

( I dont know how else to say this so i'm going to just type as I think. I fell in love with this girl from school the first time i saw her in my english class, I had just liked her at the time, but now that its a new year, shes now in my 1st period welding class. Now when i see her, i feel this strange feeling inside me. or when ever i think about her. And with all that in mind, during class times last year our eyes would sometimes meet, and i would feel there was a connection, but she had a boyfriend at the time, but you could tell she wasnt very happy. Anyways, one day we were riding on the bus together and she sat behind me, with one of her friends, and i over heard her saying that "i'm single now". She said it quite loudly, idk if it was on purpose for me to hear, but anyways. We usually meet eyes in the classroom and have been since the beginning of this new school year. The thing is, and its still bothering me, is even though i had more than enough chances to talk to her and to try to get to know her more, I never took the chance, and i had more than enough opportunites to do so. Well, because i never had enough confidence to talk with her, she is now, come to find out two weeks ago, she is back with her ex boyfriend, and i found out through facebook. I still care for her, or like her, but i just want her to be happy, and i hope things workout with her and her boyfriend...but then again, I could have been the new guy in her life, when she became single. i feel like i could treat her better, and i would love and care for her with my life. And i've been depressed lately because, i lost the chance to be happy, but to be happy with the one i care for dearly. Well, for a few days, i didnt tell anyone what was bothering me, because it seemed so stupid for me to be this upset about this kind of thing, but i finally talked with my brotherin law, and an internet female friend for some advice. And they both said I should still try to talk to her, to get to know her. And so today, i finally was able to have enough confidence to ask her if she needed to use my welding shirt for class, because she didnt have the right clothing for welding. She said the next time she would weld that she'd keep me in mind, and then she said thank you. After today, i felt a little better, but, the questions about what i should do or say next keep bothering me, and if i just had had the confidence before, i could have easliy not have had to go through what i am going through now. So my real question is, to anyone who reads this, What is my next step, i love this girl, but shes back with her ex boyfriend, which i have nothing against, but i would kind of prefer that i would have been with her. .......What my brotherinlaw had said is that i should go to her tomorrow, and try to act like i dont know she has a boyfriend again, and ask her if she would like to hang out, like go to the movies or eat someplace.....the thing with that though is, if anyone of her friends see her and i together, they could possibly tell her boyfriend and a lot more problems would come up. .....I just want to be with her, but i want her to be happy to, and i felt that we had a connection before, but i was too late to go for it. And now im paying for it. I want to let her know how i feel, but i dont want her to just, do it because she maybe could feel sorry for me, but because she wants to.....Im so confused right now, and i could really use some advice....i just cant focus on anything else..this whole thing is swallowing me up.)

That was my story ^. This is my story now.

I finally told her how I felt on a Monday, and when we talked, she of course listened. She had told me things like she was flattered and "i'm sure you can find another nice girl". But the thing is...I know she's back with her ex boyfriend, but i felt we had some sort of connection, and i felt like it was a bad idea to tell her how I felt when i knew she was with another guy. I appreciate that she stays commited since she is in a relationship atm, but, i felt like after i told her about how i felt, that...maybe i should wait on her. What I feel like, or I want to believe is that there was a sign from her that she wants me to wait, but I know she wants to be in a working relationship and that if it works out with her Bf right now, that she will stick with it. But if it doesn't....maybe she'll go for me. Idk, its been so long since i've ever had a girlfriend, probably was in elementary school..but that doesnt count...its different now, now that im older. I guess, if you're still reading this, I guess what im trying to say is that, there are guys out there that really do care for women, but in the situation i'm in, because i told her how i felt, i keep over thinking it all, and i think sometimes that she's annoyed by me, so i dont talk to her anymore. But to be honest, i really have no idea what she thinks of me. but if she did like me, at one time.....i'd like for her to know.........if she ever does become single again. This is what i feel. Its a song by Lenny Kravitz.

And one more question to you females, Even though she is with a guy and I respect her for staying commited to it while she is in a relationship, but, knowing how Bf's and Gf's work they eventually split right? So should I wait for her??? I still care for her so much, but from what my brotherinlaw is saying is that I should move on because there are "more fishes out in the sea". But i dont want to be with any other female if I know I still have a chance.

Clancy.....
    ♥♥ I'll Be Waiting ♥♥ by Lenny Kravitz)

He broke your heart
    He took your soul
    You're hurt inside
    'cause there's a hole,
    You need some time to be alone,
    Than you will find what you've always known,

I'm the one who really loves you baby,
    I've been knockin' at your door,

As long as I'm livin' ,
    I'll be waitin',
    As long as I'm breathin',
    I'll be there,
    Whenever you call me,
    I'll be waitin',
    Whenever you need me,
    I'll be there

I've seen you cry
    Into the night,
    I feel your pain,
    Can I make it right?
    I realize there's no end in sight,
    Yet still I wait
    For you to see the light

I'm the one who really loves you, baby
    I can't take it any more

As long as I'm livin' ,
    I'll be waitin',
    I'll be there,
    Whenever you call me,
    I'll be waitin',
    Whenever you need me,
    I'll be there

You are the only one
    I've ever known
    That makes me feel this way,
    Couldn't on my own
    I wanna be with you
    Until we're old
    You've got the love you need right in front of you
    Please come home

As long as I'm livin' ,
    I'll be waitin',
    I'll be there,
    Whenever you call me,
    I'll be waitin',
    Whenever you need me,
    I'll be there

As long as I'm livin' ,
    I'll be waitin',
    I'll be there,
    Whenever you call me,
    I'll be waitin',
    Whenever you need me,
    I'll be there

In the future don't have discussions with girls about your feelings before you even flirted or asked them out. It's not what they're looking for from a boyfriend.

Your bro in law is correct, you should move on at this point. She isn't going to date you even if she does break up with her boyfriend again, so it's a waste of time to sit around and wait for her.

I know I made the mistake to tell her about my feelings, but the best thing to do is to learn from my mistakes right.....So, would it be wrong to tell her that it was unecessessary to have told her what I told her and that i'd rather show her that I can be a great friend. I hate seeing her unhappy and it still affects me to see her hurt sometimes...I dont know why she is, but thats not the point atm. I know I may have lost the opportunity to be in a relationship with her, but I feel there is still a chance to show her i can be a friend to her if she wants. I respect her decisions 100% and if she doesn't want any of that i would move on....but because of how things worked out, Im stuck with Not Knowing...and I'd like to make things right again. But who ever reads this...if you were in my position.....wouldn't you want to make things right again. Or idk...maybe im better off single.

Love is the most amazing and beautiful feeling in the world, but it can also be the most complicated,hurtful, and disappointing feeling as well.