+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best online dating site?

Best online dating site?

If I want to sign up for one, which should I use? Are there good free ones?

They all suck, actually. I had a few from tangowire but they make you pay. Do not do plentyoffish. Most guys will tell you online dating sucks.

Yeah, online dating sites suck. But, if you can't get a date offline, I'm not going to judge you for using one.
    By far the best I've used is okcupid. I haven't found a date on it with a single girl yet (I've used it since May) but I did find my best friend there
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

i have an account with getgay.com. i have to say that's my favorite.

i've already gotten blow jobs from three dudes just on that site alone!
    Last edited by misombra; 26-09-11 at 12:34 PM.

Anyone have experience with Match.com or eHarmony? I've found some good girls on there, but the price is damn expensive...

I guess the main benefit is meeting girls in new cities, and also it seems a more efficient way of finding someone good than going to the bar--which I have tried...

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlliance View Post
    Anyone have experience with Match.com or eHarmony? I've found some good girls on there, but the price is damn expensive...

I guess the main benefit is meeting girls in new cities, and also it seems a more efficient way of finding someone good than going to the bar--which I have tried...
    I know people that have had great success with both, actually. Match is better if you like to plow through a lot of profiles and pick and choose, and eHarmony is better to be matched up (the odds are better with any individual person), and it's better for finding actual relationships.

I went on the online dating circuit for a while, I tried Zoosk, Eharmony, Match, and the Plenty of Fish.

Believe it or not, I met the most people on Plenty of Fish, including my current gf there. So results are mixed. I did find that on PoF the girls were looking for one night stands more than relationships.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

lol@misombra. haha nice work

Plenty of fish is now Pof.com. I got messages from 14 different women in 14 days when I first signed up, now I got nothing. Probably because I didn't buy a membership. I'm guessing people saw me in the "new users" list, and now I don't get any eyeball time. You might find some matches here, but not anyone who has sex. I'm not looking for a fling but these women seem to be jaded.

Okcupid.com is pretty good as it uses answers to questions to help you get a match. And it has a free option with plenty of features. Including a blog, messages, pictures (of yourself).
    Last edited by bulrush; 26-09-11 at 10:40 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

If I want to sign up for one, which should I use? Are there good free ones?
    You could try 'Oasis Active' free dating site. It seemed better than some. I have been reserching them because I have decided to set up a community site of my own (Actually, its a 65th birthday present from my son, who is a computer tech and has been trying to get me active on line for years!) and I've been considering what to include in it. I found some dreadful sites preying on the lonely, Not only by fleecing them, but their "match' criteria is a joke. No matter what one states as a preference it comes out Friendship/view sex! And totally inappropriate approaches from men and women. I have decided to do something more human than that sort of meat mart. It's still a work in progress and not on Google yet. Try The top search bar. And be patient if you ae the first to arrive. I'll get back to those who join. I'm really green with this technology, so its a learning curve. I am looking for a retiremment interest and want to see if I can be effective in helping folk online. It's the reason I joined here. Actually all members are invited to look me up and any advice would be welcome.

So you might like to check out gypsybell.com. and see what you think. Not sure if I shoulld be saying that without Admin's okay. But it's a free site and my intentions are good.