+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did she suddenly lose interest?

Did she suddenly lose interest?

I've gone on a few dates with this girl and I thought it was going great until last night. But I'm confused by a few things.
    Our last date was Thursday and it went really well. She said she wanted to do something again sometime. The next day she called just to talk for about 20 minutes. After that, she texted me good night. The next day, we exchanged a few texts back and forth and she sent many a smiley face.
    However, last night when I called her (which I told her I would do when I had called her on Friday) to ask if she was busy this week, she just said "yes" without giving me any other dates where she would be free. The conversation was very short and other than "How was your day"s, not much was said.

Did she suddenly lose interest in me or am I just misreading? Just on Friday night she was asking if we could do something again this week and suddenly she's totally busy. Just the other day she told a good mutual friend of ours that she was enjoying hanging out with me. I'm not super good at the whole dating thing with all the rules and whatever, but I thought that if a girl says she's busy, without offering an alternative, it means it's done. I'm confused. Help me out!!

I thought i was being really good with giving her space, spending time with her and being gentlemanly. Our mutual friend told me that I'm reading into it too much, but I feel like I'm not. I really like her a lot.

Any advice is welcome, thank you.
    Last edited by cruisectrl; 27-09-11 at 06:14 AM.

she just said "yes" without giving me any other dates where she would be free.
    That's it? Just "yes," or was it like, "Yeah, this week is going to be really busy for me."?

I thought that if a girl says she's busy, without offering an alternative, it means it's done.
    This is usually true, yeah. It's kind of weird, though, how she seemed to do a total 180. You sure you didn't say/do anything that might have pissed her off?

It was more like "Yeah, this week is going to be really busy for me." but didn't offer an alternative.

She was totally (seemingly) interested until I called her. Just the night before we had texted one another and it was basically just stuff like "what's your call time tomorrow" "have fun on set " and "goodnight " "Get some sleep!"

stuff like that. Nothing that could have changed any minds... When should I wait before calling? What should I say? Should I wait for her to make the next move instead?

Quote Originally Posted by cruisectrl View Post
    It was more like "Yeah, this week is going to be really busy for me." but didn't offer an alternative.
    Oh. Well, that's not so bad. Maybe it didn't really occur to her to offer an alternative.

Did "this week" include the weekend, do you think? If not, I'd call her on Friday to see if she wanted to do something on Saturday. Or wait until next week. Keep occasionally texting her as long as she's still responding. No reason to give up, yet.

When and how often should I text?? I don't want to smother her or anything. Sorry about all the questions!!

Text her as often as she texts you. Try to initiate an interesting conversation and see how she responds. If she takes a long time to reply, you take just as long (or longer) to reply. If she replies right away and tries to keep a conversation going, then roll with it.

But really, there are no hard and fast rules of dating. You're going to drive yourself crazy by trying to do things by the book (which doesn't exist.) Just let it happen. And don't be pushy/creepy about it. You'll be fine.