+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a Roommate?

Dating a Roommate?

So, I'm a 21 year old girl living with 5 men (2 are gay, 3 are straight). The 1 straight and single roommate and I have been talking a lot and the discussions get really deep and we've talked about our separate future lives, the similarities in what we're both looking for in a mate, etc. We joke around a lot but we have plenty of serious conversations that last late into the night. We've known each other for about 2 1/2 years but have only lived together for about 1 month. I have a decent feeling that we're both thinking "Hmm... maybe we could get together?" but at the same time we both have reserves because we're roommates and all of us are friends. Last year I lived with 3 of the men I live with now and 1 of those men and I had a small fling before we became roommates and now there's nothing to it anymore and we're still totally fine with each other. The one I'm currently interested in asked about how I see that other roommate after that fling happened and he seemed pretty content with the fact that it ended well.

Do I dare tell my roommate how I feel or should I just wait to see what happens? He's not one to take the lead so I feel like if anything was to happen, I would have to initiate. I think we'd be good together.

Let's pretend you date a while and sleep together. What happens when you break up? Who moves out and who stays? Did you think this through?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Answer me this, as things are now. How much would it bother you if this guy hooked up and you heard them having sex? or hes sitting on the sofa getting cosy with another girl. if it bothers you even a little bit, dont pursue this while you live together.