+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship Status

Relationship Status

What does it mean on facebook when someone puts their
    Relationship Status: It's Complicated??

Also how can someone's status go from being Single to it's Complicated??

Means 'STAY AWAY'.... FAR FAR AWAY.

At best... these people are going through a difficult emotional time and are in no state for building another relationship.

Seriously...ignore anything you see on facebook. it really doesnt mean crap. I advice you to not get into things with people like that but if you really want to, pursue it and hear the real story from him/her

"It's complicated" means, to me, that they are in a relationship that's not so great, and they would like to upgrade. But they don't want to be alone, so they stay with this other person until someone asks them on a date. It could also mean an open relationship, where they date more than one person at a time.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I've never understood exactly what "it's complicated" meant, unless there's A) a boatload of drama and baggage, or B) they're trying to hide something. Either way, don't pursue them romantically.

The fact that we all have different interpretations of the meaing says it all really. Find out for yourself or leave it alone.

The bottom line is you don't want anything to do with them if they are in a complicated relationship already. Nothing good comes out of trying to date a person with baggage not yet stored away. You've not even met them yet and they have raised a red flag. Ugh!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It means that they like drama, and invite it by sharing something like that with the world.

off and on again fling BS dramma...how about this, keep it single at all times thr world dont need to know what your are.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    off and on again fling BS dramma...how about this, keep it single at all times thr world dont need to know what your are.
    Translation?

If it meant that they were in an open relationship wouldn't it say open relationship as their status??

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    "It's complicated" means, to me, that they are in a relationship that's not so great, and they would like to upgrade. But they don't want to be alone, so they stay with this other person until someone asks them on a date. It could also mean an open relationship, where they date more than one person at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetGrl View Post
    If it meant that they were in an open relationship wouldn't it say open relationship as their status??
    I don't know if there is a "Open relationship" Status on fb since I've never seen it on anyone before.

I seen it before though

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    I don't know if there is a "Open relationship" Status on fb since I've never seen it on anyone before.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetGrl View Post
    I seen it before though
    In that case your common sense should tell you that "It's complicated" DOES NOT mean he's in an "Open Relationship" because if he was in an Open Relationship and there is an "open relationship" status, he would have chosen it and not "It's complicated." Time to use your common sense or ask the person what it personally means to them.

You've gotten enough people telling you that you should stay away from people who have "its complicated" so in your own best interests use your common sense more and stop being so naive in general.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

people that have facebook are arseholes
    people that write "its compicated" on relationship status`s on facebook are total arseholes.
    people that are french canadian are etc etc